Sunday, July 25, 2021

31 Easy Miles with Gina after week of Her Heat Issues

 31 miles at an easy 15.2 average speed. Gina had a rough week with the heat. Even came home one day from work nauseated and bad headache. I am always on her to hydrate but she won't listen. So after her episode this week, I think she got the message. Every time I told her to drink water, she listened. I guess it was that bad this time. She slept for 2 days. So I was all over her to drink the last few days. 

I did want to get her out for some fresh air as well, some exercise but nothing that would burn her out. So I told her I would hold the pace down so she could get out but relax, mostly! Of course the wind helped as we started late, about 11 am. The wind was tough so heading to the coast, I was holding 14, 15 max. My legs were tired from the day before so that helped keep the pace down for Gina. Jose sat at the back the entire time. I asked him after the ride if it was an easy ride for him. He said not really. OK wow ha ha ha!

After the first 3 miles or so, I asked Gina how she was doing. She said she felt the heat of the sun but not the air actually. I think it topped out at 93 but the average was 86. Still warm so I slowed it down even more. Once at the coast, much cooler but the sun was still beating on Gina so she sat in the shade.




Jose R and his gang fly by! 4th visible rider back. One is hiding behind the third guy.


Met this lady Anastasia. We had never met before but turns out we rode with the same group, Ladies & Gents. She rode with them right before I started. Of course I rode with them for a bit but quit after one of the riders really got on my nerves, yeah, the obnoxious ride leader ha ha ha!


But Anastasia was on a looooong solo ride, wow! 76 solo miles, what a BAD ASS!!! We chatted for a good while exchanging bike stories. Nice chat with a nice lady, brave lady. Gina says she would be scared to ride alone. Anastasia is much tougher I guess. 76 solo miles, wow I am impressed.



Ran into Tammy and Allen at the coast.  Getting to roll as we all headed back together.


Tammy latched on the back as Allen took off practicing his time trialing. He raced up ahead then later stopped, I'd say 7 miles later waiting on the side of the road. As he passed, he said thanks for taking care of his belongings. No problem, wouldn't want anything to happen to his bikes ha ha ha! You know, when someone says they crashed, you ask yeah, but how is the bike? :-)



Hi Fred!


Just about done!


The end!


Gina did well with the heat but we stopped in after the ride to cool off in the AC.


Cool, air, cool water, cool restrooms, great place to start and finish a ride.


OH my gosh, now for an amazing dinner. We did this last week, first time in a while. But tonight, I must have found the right technique and grill time. 30 minutes on low fire. Turned out great. 

You know I have been called Beans (Beanz for internet sign on purposes) since I was 3 years old.  My Dad started calling me that because I did not like beans. What kind of Mexican am I ha ha ha! But these Bush's baked bbq, brown sugar with bacon (not enough) are super wonderful ha ha ha!I still don't care too much for beans but these are good. Reminds me of a cowboy movie where they all sit around a campfire and slurp up the beans.



OH gosh, the steak was great! Little slices of bell pepper and red onion between on the skewers. Oh yeah, metal skewers. I was getting splinters from the bamboo we used to use. These are much better, and cheaper in the long run.



The meat was so good that I hated to ruin it by adding the beans to a mouthful of steak. But then the beans were so good that I hated not to add them ha ha ha! So at times I ate a mouthful of steak alone then other times, added the beans. Both techniques were great!

I usually eat one item at a time but this was confusing to me ha ha ha! I had to swap back and forth.


The pasta salad was the best Gina has made in a long while as well. I ate the pasta salad last and thought I might eat a little serving that was on my plate. I was full but once I was done with the pasta, I had to have another serving. Man it was good!


Grilling is so awesome tasting!





No comments:

Post a Comment