Saturday, July 17, 2021

46 with the Guatemalan Gator (Joaquin)

 46 with Joaquin The Guatemalan Gator! 😄 I call him the Gator because he eats other cyclists for breakfast ha ha ha! Good solid ride, 17.4 average speed. Thought I was doing good till Joaquin picked it up to 28 on a stretch. I was suffering then but held on. Thank goodness for that little hill that slowed him down. One mile turns again but I got gassed on the way back. Joaquin and I the only guys working in a small group of 4. At one point, after my turn at the front, I waved one of the guys up to take Joaquin's wheel so I could get a longer break. This was Tony had already turned off at his stop. He sprinted around Joaquin like a moron and took off. This was after we had caught him and he drafted about 8 miles. But Joaquin was riding strong so I had to close the gap the guy left then try holding on to Joaquin's wheel. At that point, I was still suffering so Joaquin stayed at the front and did a monster pull towing me back! 🤣😂🤣


Did see Tony and Thai at the coast. They were too busy with their friends to talk to us ha ha ha!



Heading to Weir Cyn to start the ride.


Feeling strong today


Look, my handle bars are following Joaquin


I wondered how he kept his shoes so white, his gloves too. Ah ok, new!


The Guatemalan Gator :-P



We left the coast then soon Tony caught up to us and got the benefit of drafting us back to Warner (?)



Fist bump on film. After the ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment