Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Solo San Dimas Cyn after 15 Years & Stupid E-Bike Riders

 I'm not a big fan of going up the canyons solo but it's been about 15 years so why not?  Tossed it in instead of heading west on Badillo on the Overstuffed Sausage Ride. Really creepy being alone. I talk all the way up and shout so that if there are any lions waiting to jump on my back, hopefully they don't mistake me for a little pet Chihuahua or something ha ha ha!  Lousy downhill with all the broken pavement. Not worth the ride having to worry about a pinch flat in the evening.


Thought I would have a good break at San Dimas Park but the facilities were close. Bummer, did get water though.









Ah, I forgot to add this story in my last ride to the beach. Wow, too many idiots out there on ebikes going fast on the beach trail right next to the sand where we rest at the beach.

So I am sitting on the bench by the restrooms, 2 riders come flying by, I'm guessing 15 MPH but right next to the brick complex where we rest so it looks faster. They go by and a couple of seconds later I hear a screech then BAM! The dude who was right in front of his wife/girlfriend ? was really close to the brick set up when he decided to turn into the parking lot as soon as he cleared it. The south ramp for those who know the area. AT SPEED!!! So he takes out his gal, bike goes boom and she falls off the bike and slams her helmetless head on the pavement. 

The dude jumps off his bike runs back and shouts, "babe, why did you do that?". WHAT?! In my opinion, this idiot was going too fast and made a sharp left into the parking lot. There were few others around but why in the world would these people be going 15 mph next to the brick walls?

She lay there for a bit then she gets up dazed. He walks her over to the brick planter and lays her in the sand like a bed. He talks to her for a while, sits her up, rubs her head then lays her back down again. Then he takes off on his e bike heading back toward the pier. Not sure where he was going, maybe to get their car, I dunno! But she lays there for a while after he takes off then she gets back on her bike and takes off after 10 minutes.

Man, I am betting that lady was in pain later that day. Ouch! Man, those people on e bikes need to realize just how fast they are going on those little bike trails along the sand. I've seen way too many flying across. Pretty scary with the little kids running around too!

I was thinking the entire time, what an idiot, he made her crash them trying to put the blame on her. Yeah, she was more than likely too close but before turning, he ought to make sure she is safe out of the way as well. Or at leas signal so she has some kind of idea he is changing courses. Id' feel really stupid if I took Gina out like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment