Saturday, July 23, 2022

46 with Fazi

 46 at 17.4 average speed. Pics for now.  Fazi is a  Strava buddy I met through Strava..

Since Jose moved back to AZ , figured I'd ask Fazi, a Strava buddy if he wanted to do a trail ride.  He comes down this way once in a while seeing he lives half way to San Diego. 

But his weekend off so we went for it. 

Fazi riding pretty strong so we did pretty well figuring it was  pretty breezy.  I  do have to adapt to his style some.  After I take my pull  of a mile into the wind,  during the exchange he lifts the pace.  Takes a pretty good effort to close the gap after being in the front in the wind. I keep steady giving my partner a good chance to latch on and good recovery. 

I explained it a few times but I guess people get excited and lose it. So I have to prepare differently than usual to make the switch.  

I had just gotten Jose to the point where we could rotate well and easily. He's pointed out a few times the mistakes of others as we ride so I know he finally understands after all these years. 

Now I hope Fazi will see what I mean.  Either that or I'll have to start lifting the pace when I go around so he gets the idea. If we were racing   fine but riding together is a different story I think.  A good exchange,  we'll both have extra energy. 

But it was a good ride and hopefully we learn to work together even better. 



Still trying to get Gina back on the bike.  But not yet so I'll just take a pic of the white in her hair,  I like it!😄



No comments:

Post a Comment