Saturday, July 16, 2022

Mostly Solo Drunk Bastard

 50 miles at 16.2..Story later. 

So, I show up at the start and see a couple friends getting ready for a shorter ride. I cruise the first 2 miles with them as they turn heading back south to the coast. I continue on alone north to Weir. Then double back to the coast.  

At the coast  I run into Tony and we chat for a bit.  More friends show up so Tony sneaks out with a quick goodbye 👋. 

Ron and Dixie on their tandem show up saying they just got into a little friendly competition with a couple other riders.  The other riders show up and hey  it's my buddy Fazi, and Mike. 

So now everyone knows everyone ha ha ha. 

Fazi and Mike take off a bit ahead of us. Then I head back with the tandem taking turns at the front.  I don't know why, but I cramp while riding with the tandem.  Maybe it's because I have to pick it up when I go around to the front seeing Ron and Dixie are always moving pretty good on the tandem. 

Or maybe just old age catching up ha ha ha.  Though Fazi says he can see I've dropped a lot of weight.  Some have asked if I've been doing side workouts. Nope   just working 8 hours in steel toe boots lifting steel out in the hot 🌞 sun. That'll do it. 

I  got a little cramp nearing the end of the ride but decided to go inland another 2 miles that would make for a 50 miler by the time I got back.  

Nice heading north but the way back, doing 14 and 15. Boy it was windy but I got my 50.









No comments:

Post a Comment