Sunday, July 24, 2022

Easy Sunday Ride

 Easy 20 miles. Testing the Sport Pedialyte. Taste test I guess. I'll test the performance later on a long ride.

I drink the stuff at work as they provide it in boxes. But I'm the kind that can't take advantage taking it from the company as they are pretty generous with us. They provide food, BBQ, breakfast frozen food, frozen lunch foods, bottled water   Gatorade   cookies   snacks   coffee  ,and other goodies.  So I don't feel right taking advantage   though others don't have a problem. I just feel better buying my own. 

Kind of salty  as usual so I diluted it a bit more than suggested along the ride.  Not bad but I can't tell on a short ride how well it performs so I'll try next week on a longer ride. 

Figure I better electrolyte up after another cramp on Saturday.  I work in the sun all day wearing steel toe boots. Though it's good exercise and I feel great and strong,  I think the daily sweat fest takes its toll on me by the end of the week.  Heck, I think if I had a rest day  rehydration day between Friday work and my longer rides on Saturdays, I'd feel like a camp. 

But ain't working out that way so i better find a better source of electrolytes.

But overall,  a good solo relaxing easy ride.  I  really forced myself to go easy this time. Hard to get caught up as the San Gabriel Trail goes upp and up. Then the way back down is always torture with the wind.  So I had to be patient getting in an easy one with an average of about 14 and  a half.  But a good recovery ride.

Very lonely though. I saw two guys going my way and only one on the way back.  Even the parking lot was empty. 





Another bargain at JCPenny. 3 base layers, long sleeve for under 5 bucks. Picked up 3 since the cool night air is  coming.  Can't wait to start doing night rides again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment