Sunday, July 31, 2022

Weekend in Cycling

 



So, Jose is in town for the week so he asked me to ride with him on Saturday.  He hasn't been on the bike for a month so he was worried about keeping up but I have no problem holding the pace down. Heck, I'm in it for the 🌮 tacos anyway ha ha ha. 

So we did 40 and he actually did really well.  He's leaving next Monday so he's wanting to ride again next Saturday before he leaves on Monday for good. 

So I asked him how it was back at home with his family.  After 19 years here I Cali sending his money to AZ where his family lived in his house. I honestly don't know how he did it.  

He says iss really boring, nothing to do and unemployed,  he has nothing to do. I suggested he ride over there but he says he might give it up. 

Wow, so I suggested he take up some kind of form of exercise with his wife. He says they walk  but she's not very active. 

Then he said, "honestly,  I miss you and the trail. " I was kid of shocked but in a way   I felt sorry for him. 

Al the times he's gone home to visit   he comes back disappointed with stories of a bad sad visit. 

I almost think he didn't really want to to go and my thoughts   maybe his wife didn't really want him to go back either  but the layoff   I don't think he had a choice. 

But I do hope it all works out for him.

Then Sunday   I did a solo ride just to get in a few more miles for the weekend.  And to test out my $4 base layers from JCPenny. Glad I got 😁 

Then home where Gina was waiting for me.  Ys of course we can do breakfast. 

Best part is she says she's willing to get back on the bike and ride with me again. So cool  can't wait 🤗 

The drunk Bastard jersey   maybe superstition but I won't wear it on the road for obvious reasons. Trail only. After I bought it   thought about it and kinda wish I hadn't bought it but might as well get some use out of it 😅








Breakfast   a little late so the wings sounded good too.

And all the work I've been doing out in the sun wearing steel toe boots   check out the waistline trimming down.  Need smaller pants and a belt ha ha 😂 



BTW  all the work I've been doing in the sun and heat over last few months,  dropped some inches. Might need some new pants and a belt.


No comments:

Post a Comment