Sunday, July 17, 2022

Solo 21

 Solo 21 miles trying to take it easy. Freaking wind on the San Gabriel Trail is just always a killer. 

My main purpose was an easy ride to test this new light and mount. Nice surprise that the mount came with the light.  $35, 1000 lumens from Rock Bros.  I read about the light on a cycling forum so why not give it a try. Maybe it'll motivate me to get back out there on night rides. 

I ran the light on medium yesterday and today during ride time. Total of 4 1/2 hours and still not in the red. So that should cover a 2 hour night ride.

But even better than that is the mount. All kinds of little thingies to work with. The arm adjusts and slides fore and aft. Making it more spacious to mount the light without contacting the bars Making ugly  creaky sounds. 

Not to mention the light tabs used to mount like a go pro   are set back a bit so the light mounts a bit forward. Another nice feature. 

Hopefully it'll allow my other lights to mount contact free if I choose to use one on the mount. 

Light is not quite as bright as the 1100 Nightrider I use, but almost and because it has a wider view,  I think it will be great for the road light. 

Either way, can't wait to try it at night. I'm guessing I'll have a few drivers flash their lights at me being so bright.   

Kidding of course seeing I set my lights to see and not to blind traffic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment