Sunday, October 9, 2022

Mostly solo Old Fart

 20 miles on the San Gabe trail. Feeling good but on the way back   about 2 miles from the end of my ride  some strong guys went by. I was doing 17 or so but 20 when I hopped on. Pretty good for a big wind. 

One of the guys, seemed to be the strongest was doing little tricks seemingly wanting to put little gaps on me to see if I'd fall off.  He created little gaps but I closed them every time.  The other two guys were steady. 

Seemed as if they didn't mind I was there then the last little climb up the Pico dam, they tried to kick it up.  I passed one of the guys who looked surprised ha ha ha.  

I thanked them there and that's when one guy said they parked at the golf course. Cool.

We pulled in together as the stronger guy kept on. I guess they weren't all together after all.  Speaking with one of the guys, very friendly.  Both guys were. They didn't know the third rider at all   they had just hooked up along the way. 

I  don't usually draft or hop on strangers but this just looked so inviting. So much easier and faster   had to enjoy it a bit. 😄




No comments:

Post a Comment