Monday, October 31, 2022

Solo Sunday

20 miles on the San Gabe trail. 

I woke up and asked Gina to pick out an outfit for me.  She picked the Fat Bastard jersey. 🤣

I  did a solo ride and actually felt pretty good after the longer ride Saturday.  On the return   I did see a guy ahead about 100 yards. Kept my pace then realized I was catching up.  Not racing the guy, just holding a good pace. 

About 6 miles later,  I caught him. Typical pace set by many on this trail. The upper section downhill,  many crank it up.  Many times I'll fall 100 yards behind. Once the ground levels out  hit the wind   up and down passes, no more downhill   many will fade. 

I figured the guy ahead of me would.  He actually did better than I expected. But I eventually caught him. As I passed, I  kept far left for quite some time letting the guy know I wasn't interested in having a wheelsucker behind me.  But he did anyway so I pulled over and down to about 10 mph waving him around. 

He went then I let him hang out alone for about 3 miles letting burn himself out. He did pick it up a few times but he was going nowhere and fast ha ha ha.  

So I kept back about 40 yards till the final 1 mile curved stretch.  Went down after him then passed him on the upside.  Leveled out then hammered as hard as I could to drop him. Just kept it going all the way in feeling my kidneys and liver ready to jump out the back of my ribcage ha ha ha.  

Just felt like giving it my all and making sure he wouldn't catch me. 😄













No comments:

Post a Comment