Sunday, October 2, 2022

Solo Fat Bastard SG Trail

 Solo 20 miles today. Boy I felt really good. Maybe the carbs from the sticky buns last night ha ha ha. 

I started easy figuring I would be tired from yesterday.  But who knows   maybe not having to wear steel toe boots all week   my legs felt great. 

When I started, some guy came up behind me saying something about Sunday.  A greeting but I wasn't exactly sure what he said so I just said hello how are you?

After he went by  I noticed he was trying really hard to pull away. I was feeling good but not in race mode. 6 miles later,  I notice he's only like 50 yards ahead. As we hit underpasses and gentle climbs  if that, he started to fade. Oh goody! Fit looking guy so I figure I'd pass him then push the pace.  I went by feeling great.  Down in the drops for about half a mile then looked back to see where he was. Pretty far behind.  

Oh yeah,  he was almost trying to draft me when we first met. But I hammered as hard as I could all the way up the next 4 miles or so. Yup, he's gone and I passed a few others. Maybe he wasn't racing me but gave me motivation to push today. 

Ended up having my best effort on this ride so far   I take it. 



Oh yeah   been cutting my own hair and coming out nicely.  About time for another cut though.





2 comments:

  1. Nice ride , looks like you had a good time ! Nice pose, reminds me of Charles Atlas LOL .

    ReplyDelete