Saturday, October 8, 2022

Solo Fat Bastard

 34 miles. Started out feeling good on the way up to the base of the Azusa mountains.  Met a couple cool guys to chat with. One last week as well.  Riding during the heat and earlier this year,  seemed like there wasn't many riders around.  The last couple of weeks I've actually ran across far more riders. .

But heading back down?? Man it sucked. Not fair when you head down but the wind makes it feel as if you're heading up. 

Starting at Pico Rivera golf course   it's all up hill to the end of the trail.  Guess that's why wimpy guys like Eric Pippin head up. This section of the trail is tougher than the Santa Ana trail if you ask me. Look at he underpass image. Not just an underpass but like doubles.  A series of little upty do's that really tire out a rider. Oh yeah  I had about 19 PR's, most heading up to the end of the trail. 

I think I have to say the riders on this trailerare stronger as well.  Maybe because more of them are climbers it seems. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. 

Well anyway,  I was hungry after the ride so  I took Gina and her mom out for fajitas. 😋

And yeah, that's me at work creating reports on the computer sweating in the sun. 😆










Strange because I started feeling tired on the return but turned out a gang of PR's. Must have been the pasta dinner at Spaghetti Factory. Hadn't been there in a while but it was good 👌 








 Still haven't got Gina back on the bike but always think about what she said.  Said someday she wants to ride her bike to the beach in her bikini top.  I'm hoping she does. 👀😄



No comments:

Post a Comment