Thursday, June 17, 2021

23 Miles and Ouch, Cramp!

 23 miles with Tony tonight, 14.6 average or so. Hard to tell what is what. Garmin Connect gives me one thing, Garmin another, Strava another, and no Xoss, another ha ha ha! I get like 3 or 4 different speeds to chose from now ha ha ha!

So things were going good but it happened. I almost expected it. Of course the AC upstairs goes boom and they want $9,000 to replace it, at a bargain price, wow! I said forget it, we can sweat a little. Then of course the last couple of days has been hot as heck. THEN!!! The fridge goes on the blink 3 days ago, just in time for the heat, thanks!

So I drink a lot of cold water everyday. Jugs packed in ice, 64 oz cup ha ha ha! I hate the thought of getting dehydrated as I used to get several migraines. Once I discovered what hydrating meant on the bike, the migraines almost vanished. Yeah, I don't think my parents knew anything about hydrating so they just sent us out to dig ditches one a piece of toast and cup of hot chocolate. SO hydrating WELL has really helped me over the last 24 years that I have been cycling. 

But the freaking fridge goes on the blink, another $1200 to repair, are you kidding?! Buy a new one but the day waiting for the repair man to show sucked. Hot AF out here and no cold water. Gina has my truck so I didn't go anywhere to get anything to drink and the warm water at home isn't too enticing. So I suffered but shouldn't have. I woke up this morning with a cramp in my leg. Fell back asleep, then the other leg went. OUCH!

So riding today, I felt a few twinges and thought uh oh! Sure enough, when we turned and started the climb, BANG! Kept pedaling like on legged drills but Tony says we ought to stop. OK, just didn't want to interrupt his ride. So we stopped and it went away. Usually does after a couple minutes. So we continued and I felt a little tug here in there in my hammy and my calf. But it held out. Every time I felt a pull, I just eased off the pedals a bit. Sadly, most of the return is a grade so I had to nurse it a bit but all went well. Made it back much better and easier than I thought.

So much for that, gimme something to drink now! FTR, the reason I didn't have anything to drink was because Gina and my Mom stash their drinks in the fridge. When it went down, they stuffed all there drinks in the smaller fridge where most of my stuff is. Just happened that this was the night we were supposed to go stock up on my stuff, Gatorade, water, juice etc. So everything got tossed into my little stash area, as women usually do. That cut me off from putting a pitcher of water to cool. You know, sacrifice for others type thing. Plus the big fridge has the ice maker and the cold water dispenser, so I was screwed.

Not to mention, Gina has been taking my truck to work seeing her car broke down and is at the repair shop. $3800 for the new engine, some extra adding on to the $700 installation fee, now up to $900. Should be ready on Monday but in the meantime, Gina's using my truck. Working OT and that leaves me sitting at home staring at the walls with no water, in the heat, with no shoes on! :-P


When it rains, it pours!


But it was an enjoyable night with Tony. Dude always makes me laugh. Like the course but man, getting away from the group was a good thing now that I sit back and look from the outside. Ran into a guy the other day who rides with the group some. He was telling me how screwed things are getting with them. This guy says you can't ride with that group, this group says this, blah blah blah. Always some kind of drama. Like the time I quit riding with the group and Eyemage was telling some of the riders there that I was going to be upset because they were riding with that group. Trouble maker, as I really didn't care who rides with who. Plus, I didn't have to screw up that group, the ride leader was already an idiot screwing things up himself ha ha ha!

So it is refreshing to do nice small rides with a partner or two who don't cause trouble. Make riding much more pleasant, even with the cramp ha ha ha!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment