Saturday, June 5, 2021

Solo 51 Back Stretcher

 Solo 51 miles at 16.1 average speed. Wanting to take it easy today since the back muscle pull the other day. Feeling better but not wanting to work too hard so I rode solo at my own pace. Felt good and went fairly easy till the wind kicked up. No choice but to push a little harder of fall over at 3 mph ha ha ha! 

I mounted both video recorders, front and back and went with minimal supplies using one of the bottle holders for tools etc. I planned to turn back and follow friends once I crossed paths, making for a little extra mileage. But heck, didn't see any of my friends. When I got to the coast, I saw Al, his wife and a buddy. They are pretty fast so I headed out a little head knowing I didn't want to push too hard. Figured they'd catch me somewhere along the way. But half way back, I stopped as I didn't see them coming anywhere around. I stopped for a bit then Al and his buddy went by.

I was at the top of a ramp and rolled down for a start to catch on the back for a video clip or two. Oh my gosh, they were going pretty fast. I had to push as hard as I could to just catch up and get on the back. Once I was, I looked down and saw they were doing 24.5, OK, pretty fast for me. Even if it were a good day, I wouldn't keep up at that speed all the way back to Edna. I even thought about going around so I could get the front view with my rear recorder. After about a minute, I decided, forget about it! Those guys were  flying and I probably couldn't get up enough speed to go around them.

So they pulled away and I stopped at Edna Park to tinkle. As I remounted, I saw Al's wife go by so I got  a bit of footage of her, I think ha ha ha!. But they regrouped at the Honda Center so I rolled on needing another 3 out and back to make 50 miles. So I rolled on then stopped at a turnout till they rolled by. This allowed me to get a front view of the riders. The speed those guys were doing, probably the only way I'd get their faces on video.


So I found out I have no friends ha ha ha! So I guess I'll have to take the recorders out again on Sunday to see if I can get more footage. Then make a weekend compilation video.


But a good ride, easy overall and a nice day for sure!


                                                                           Al and Kristy


Al's buddy, super fast guy too!


I pulled up a ramp waiting for Al and gang to roll by. The homeless people there looked at me like I was bothering "their home". I gave them that "I WILL RIP YOUR FREAKING LIVER OUT!!!" look then they seemed to chill out ha ha ha!


Post ride posing!



No comments:

Post a Comment