Thursday, June 24, 2021

Borrow De Pump Tour

24 miles at 15.2 average speed. Stupid Strava always rips me off a tenth. 


FLATTED on this ride, maybe  2 miles from the finish.  I hit something about the size of a small ashtray, hole in the pavement. Hit hard, one that makes you say DAYUM! Then I pull into my rest stop to refill my bottle and notice the tire is soft, MAN!!! As I was replacing the tube, a guy from the Crazy Legs fast ride rides up and asks if I wanted to borrow his floor pump living right on the next corner.  I am OK I tell him thank him, the he rolls off. A couple minutes later, her returns and says he brought it anyway. Wow, that was super cool. I had already counted about 90 strokes with my little frame pump. But sure, I slapped it on and about 4 strokes later, it was done! Hey man, really appreciate it, thanks a million. Saved me from finishing in the dark! Still some cool people in the world!


Was a nice ride though. Man those dudes, Crazy Leg Riders are real fast.  They rolled right by me heading East, then again heading West as my course is a bit shorter. Then they stopped for a break and I rolled by. Arrow and Eucla. Then on Bonita and White, they rolled by me again. I thought about hopping on the back but the group was a bit broken up into 3 so I didn't want to interfere. Though I don't know if I could have stayed on the back or not. They were rolling pretty good ha ha ha!



                                                                Pinch flat, yeah!


The look on your face when you feel your tire going soft 2 miles from the end



No comments:

Post a Comment