Saturday, June 26, 2021

Solo 60 Me & My Skeleton

 Solo 60 skeleton miles, 16.2 average speed. :-P Set out to do an easy steady pace on the trail. Hadn't been to Green River in a long time. Heard it had changed so I thought I'd check it out. Changed a bit but I was expecting more ha ha ha! A big headwind from Green River all the way to Huntington Beach, a 30 mile stretch. Nice tailwind on the 14 mile return/ But got in a good long steady ride. Tried not to go to hard heading to Green River figuring it would be a bit warmer and dry. It was. :-P


One thing I can say, is that I feel absolutely no difference in tubes. I have a stash of tubes, maybe 10. I use 48 mm valve stems seeing my rims are 30 mm deep. Perfect length. On my birthday last year, a friend gave me a couple of 60 mm tubes. I stashed them along with my other tubes. Mostly Forte from Performance, couple different brands I had never heard of as well from the bike shop in my stash. Couple from ebay recently. That buddy uses deeper rims and accidentally bought the wrong length. He needed 60 so I told him I still had the tubes he gave me for my bday. He asked if I wanted to trade as his 48's were no good to him. SUre!

All the tubes were Specialized tubes. So we made the switch, his new Specialized for mine. Not surprisingly, wouldn't you know it, I flatted in the front on my Thurs nite ride. I did the roadside repair with a new tube from my seat pack. Got home, removed it then placed it back in my seat pack. I like to know the tube I plan on using it good. So I replace it in the pack then take out the new Specialized tube from my stash and place it in the wheel. I read all kinds of BS on the forums from some posters who only ride this and that brand and style because they feel a huge difference in performance, feel, ride, blah blah blah. All bull shit I think from guys who are looking for justification for spending more money on shit so they can be in the in crowd of fools wasting money ha ha ha!

So anyway, I rode the entire ride asking myself, does it feel better yet?, No!". Ha ha ha, not sure where those forum posters get their great feelings from while riding more expensive stuff. I rode a Forte tube, a Specialized tube with all the hype and didn't feel one freaking difference. I think most of the forum posters have their head so far up their asses, they're just looking for something to shoot out opinions so all the newbs think they're experts ha ha ha! Some of those idiots have barely started actual cycling just a few short years ago but if you listen to them on the forums, you'd think they've been riding for years. Bunch of idiots ha ha ha!



Take me down to Green River!


Didn't feel hot but my legs were dripping pretty good after the first 15


Hardly anybody on the trail. Saw maybe 2 riders heading my way.


That's why there wasn't anybody on the trail, they were all at the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment