Saturday, September 10, 2022

Metrology Man Ride

 How's that? Raining this morning so started late.  Stopped raining so I snuck out for a ride.  Dry till I hit the top of the SF dam then it started raining on me 🌧.  So I skipped the plan of Encanto Park and beyond. 

Good enough I got in 21.  Legs felt good,  no fatigue. Could be the new job   no heavy lifting and air conditioned work area, matter of fact,  the entire building. 

So, pretty happy getting back to what I was doing before our lives were interrupted.  Heck  pretty happy to be back,  more vacation,  better environment, and much better benefits. 

Weekly pay for my medical insurance is only $6.  Really happy about that ☺️.  Dental PPO $7. Vision $2. Great compared to the job I just left. 

Now I don't have to work so hard for my money.  Not that I didn't enjoy the physical job but I started thinking about it when Gina and her Mom said I was working too hard.  Luckily I applied for a couple jobs on indeed dot com   then a couple weeks later   I got a much more rewarding job. 

Heck,  I had another interview set up st a plastics medical company on Monday that sounded good but hey, I got a cush job already.  

Now I can save my legs for cycling and hope to start riding like I was last year. 

The new job is high tech.  I used to measure parts by hand,  height gauges, comparators  manual CMM.  This job is all automated CMMs. Put the part in then it measures the part for you. Wow  easy street. Plus, punching in and out, all transactions, vacation, payroll is all done on our cell phones. 

The people are very professional and the work is pretty detailed and controlled since the parts are medical. I  like it 👌 

Then vs Now job.









2 comments:

  1. Nice that you share the rides , now a little cooler. Really good pictures , made my day. Congratulation on the job change. Hope you will be happy doing that.

    4

    ReplyDelete