Saturday, September 3, 2022

Wow Wee! Hot Ride Greasy Mexican Tour

 So I heard it was supposed to be hot today and an extreme heat warning ⚠️.  So I cut my thoughts of a 60 mile ride down to 40. Good thing I did.

I  thought maybe I could crank it up a bit for the 40 but starting around 10, it was already too hot. I got on the bike heading towards Imperial and I knew I had to take it easy.  I don't wear a heart rate monitor but something was different today.  The heat said  no you ain't kicking butt today,  ha ha ha 😂 

The heat was right.  I had somewhat of a tailwind heading north but I could tell right away,  the heart rate was different today   slow down and survive ha ha ha. 

I  guess plenty of riders payed attention to the warning because the very few I saw were heading back when I was starting.  

I  saw maybe 2 other riders heading my way and they were my friends ha ha ha. 

The heat and wind beat me down on the way to the coast. I  even thought about cutting it short   going home to shop for new clothes as Gina had suggested.  For the new job of course. I should have listened to her. 

But you know me, if it's tough  I'll do it just to prove to myself I can.  Even if it means a little torture ha ha ha. 

So I get back and look up the temperature on the forecast. Says 100 degrees but feels like 106. Yes it did. 

I spoke with Paul and George as they were finishing up while I was starting.  They said be careful with the heat as it's kicking up. I  thought, yeah ok. But they were right,  hot AF!!!! 🔥 🥵 

But hey   I can go shopping tomorrow ☺️ 

The greasy Mexican part? 😄

I was telling Gina and my mother in law how hot it was out there on the ride.  At one point,  I happened to touch my leg somehow. I felt GREASE.  Thought maybe I splattered something on my leg so I reached over to feel the other leg. Same thing!

It was so hot that I wasn't sweating as usual,  I was dripping GREASE. 

My mother in law said,  that's because you're a greasy Mexican. 😆😄😆


This is what the busy part of the trail looks like during a heat warning 😄




Oh yeah,  forgot to mention that now I believe riding an ebike is harder than riding a pedal bike. 

So hot today,  saw a handful of pedal bikes.

Saw ZERO  ebikes. I think because riding an ebike in the heat takes much more effort than actually pedaling a bike. 😆😄😆

2 comments:

  1. That was an excellent post Beanz.

    Enjoyed reading that from my cool location.

    I did not know an E-bike could have issues in the heat ! Thanks for that info.

    Have a safe and pleasant labor day weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 4....I was just being silly about the ebikes. I was really surprised that there were none out there today. I mean if I had an ebike I would have preferred to ride it on a blazing hot day vs pedaling my bike. 😄

      Delete