Saturday, September 4, 2021

Solo Local Foothills Ride.

 Solo hot ride. Started about 11:30 and the forecast said 100 in my hometown but failed to mention hotter in San Dimas ha ha ha!

But got in a good 35 miler with 2200+ ft of gain. Up Wheeler, up San Dimas Cyn, up Lorraine to Sierra Madre then down to Bonita and back to Claremont. 

My Strava says 111 degrees but I think it may be a little high as my Garmin and the Garmin site said 109 max and 101 average. Hot enough for me ha ha ha!

I didn't feel the heat too much though, other than climbing a little slower. I don't think I could have raced anybody up today. But made it. Then at 23 miles in, I looked at the temp again. Strange though, not dripping sweat like one would think. Must have been so hot that my sweat was evaporating. I only drip when I stop ha ha ha!

Felt good but the last 2 miles, I think I started feeling it. The little 2 final sections seemed to be a little harder than usual. But hey, I made it!

San Dimas Cyn, little white car heading down about an inch from the right. Looks kind of itty bitty!


Well DAM IT !!!



102 at the start, 23 miles in up to 106. And I was expecting it to cool off ha ha ha!


23 miles in, no sweat! 


Someone asked about touching toes. Without shoes, I can just about flat hand it. I'm old but not that old!


Still a Fat Bastard though!


My face after the ride, started feeling the heat near the end.


The profile


The temps



No comments:

Post a Comment