Saturday, August 20, 2022

Solo Spider 🕷 60

 Solo 60 at 15.9 today. Tried for a long steady pace but man, the wind really kicked up on the south section.  Was really working me hard.  

I had thought about 60 then slept in,  forget it.  But once on the trail I  figured I would do 46. Then there   heck I'll do 50. Oh what the heck,  I'll do 60. Good workout but glad I did it as I've been wanting to do longer rides. 

I did bust out the Beanz hat today.  Figured I better start wearing it seeing I bought it back in March and haven't touched it. So today was a good day to start. 😄

Oh yeah,  been trying to add some electrolytes into my rides as I was getting cramps late in the rides. Could be fatigue from work but I wanted to try them anyway. 

Pedialyte Sport packets work well but on the expensive side at $2 per packet.  Found Liquid IV on ebay, , 30 packets,  comes out to $1 per packet.  Propel packets at Wally World,  box of 10 for under $2. Wow,  now that's a  bargain,   25 CENTS  per packet and it has the same electrolytes as Gatorade but with a variety of B vitamins.  Hey, I'll take it. 

I  used Liquid IV today but read up on how and when to drink.  Ah ok, I had been drinking them early in the ride  but suggested is in the second hour of cycling. From then till the end.  

So it worked better for me today.  And I drank Propel at break vs the Gatorade powder I usually drink. 

So doing a longer ride today of 60, either I got lucky,  the electrolytes worked, or   I dunno.  I felt good today   that's what matters. 😄







Off course,  every long ride deserves a Campfire Feast at Black Angus..







No comments:

Post a Comment