Sunday, October 17, 2021

30 Miles with Gina SART

 30 miles at 15.9 average speed with Gina. Very nice day but a bit breezy but hey, we'll take it. Gina said she felt really good seeing the temps were not hot, average temp 78. Ran into Alyce at the start who did a 62 miler. She was showing Gina and I the carbon wheels she bought from a friend for $500. Umm OK, wow! There is a story behind those wheels and uhhh, well, I won't get into that one, but it's a shame.

Gina and I turned around at Lincoln then heading back, ran into Stacy and her hubby Greg. Rando riders. We ended up stopping and chatting for a bit, and some riding together. Told us a bit about their randos and their involvement with local cycling organizations and some big rides. Wow, I did not know that! Impressive.  Stacy usually snaps a few pics on each ride so when I'm around her, I'm really happy that she snaps a couple of me/us as I'm not usually in the RIDE pics. So it's cool to see oneself in action ha ha ha! 

They were doing a long just about 70 miles on the bike. I see they don't stop much at all on their rides. As Stacy says, the clock is always ticking on a rando ride.

I did look at her ride time and elapsed time, not much time off the bike, like 40 minutes tops. Then I looked at Alyce's ride, she only took like 10 minutes off on her 62 mile ride. Wow, that is cool! 

I remember doing my centuries in 5:45 and only taking an hour off at most. Sometimes less wanting to get home. One year I did 23 centuries, back in 2005. 5:45 was pretty standard for the 100 miles with anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour off the bike. That's the way I like to roll. 

So times like Stacy's and Alyce's are nice. Go ride, ride and get the ride done vs staying in a hotel midway through the ride ha ha ha!

Today, Gina and I cruised to the coast. It was breezy but not real bad like yesterday. So we got to the coast with plenty of energy being only a 30 mile ride. So that tailwind on the way back was so nice, as Gina put it!



                          Pre ride ritual, fill the water bottles at the train station. And tinkle! :-P


On the road again!


Stacy and Greg ahead


An unusual break today. I wanted to get pics of Greg and Stacy


Greg and Stacy


Stacy with the tongue hanging out on the steep little hill pose ha ha ha!


OK, that's better!




Couple more from Stacy's cam


Hey, that's us!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment