Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Solo Night Ride 25 miles

 Solo 25 mile night ride with 1400 ft of gain. From Baseline and Mills to the top of Wheeler, then a little street that heads up from there called Via Dicha. Has a 7% grade for about 100 yards. I'm using it hoping to wake up my legs ha ha ha! Trying to build a little strength so my legs don't cramp on the climbs. Getting old ha ha ha!

It curves around to Monterey, then I head down Country Club Dr and continue on ending up back on Wheeler for the descent. Then to Amelia via Baseline/Foothill. Across Old Baseline to Walnut then make my way back to Bonita via Juanita and Damien. Much nicer roads than I was using before. As I returned to my truck, figured I'd go to the top of Mills for a little extra credit. To the top, Claremont Hills Wilderness Park, then down.

Keeping the mask on to keep my ears warm. But realizing that I can see all the crud in the air as cars go by, I figure it's a good thing to keep using it. Don't want that crud in my lungs. In the bright beam of the light as it floats towards me, it looks metallic so hey, I'm keeping the mask as I pull it up whenever I end up behind traffic. 

But a very nice ride, got in a little climbing. Nothing major, just waking up the legs. I am just over 4,000 miles for the year and hoping to get in 5,000. Pretty sure I can do it!

152,749 ft of gain for the year too. Not bad considering I didn't even start thinking about running up the gain total till about 2 months ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment