Thursday, October 14, 2021

Test Tube Baby, Err I mean Testing Tubes Baby!

 25.1 solo night miles with 1,417 ft of gain. Baseline then up Wheeler to the top and beyond. Once I got to Golden Hills, I headed up a little street called Via Dicha. Short little 7% grade that took me around in a little loop for extra credit.

I flatted on the last ride so I figured I'd patch the punctured tubes I've collected. Had 5 so I patched with vulcanizing patches. I replaced the 3 newish tubes I have in my bikes with patched tubes. Let them sit for 24 hour and no air loss so they are good to go. Decided to ride them today to test. Worked fine. 

Wow, tubes are going for about $9 each on ebay now so I figure I save about $45. All my spares in the seat packs are new unpunctured and a stash of about 10 new tubes and 2 more patched. I should be good for a while ha ha ha! So anyway, always cool trying out a new road to ride.


                                   Didn't realize I caught my high school's name in the pic.

 

Still digging this cheapo GPS XOSS unit. Auto light while the Garmin sits dark underneath ha ha!


Just about a total darkness ride tonight.


Finished off by riding to the top of Mills, Claremont Hills Wilderness Park


Man, the road getting up here was DARK ha ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment