Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Solo Night Ride and anudder Freakin' Flat

 20 solo night miles. Nice ride till I picked up another thorn. Wow, Glendora and LaVerne must be thorn cities. 2nd flat in like 3 or 4 rides, perfect thorns too! But got in another 1,000+ ft of gain. 

I was on Bonita, wiped my tire after riding through debris. Placed my hand on the hood and something poked me. I better check, was a nice goat head. Didn't feel flat but after a couple of minutes, thought I better check my tire. Sure enough, soft. 

Thought about just putting some air in it hoping to make it back. Even if a couple of times but just couldn't. My luck, I wouldn't make it anyway so stop being lazy, just change it ha ha ha! Saved the CO2 for another time, when I need a fast change. Did get a good pec workout though ha ha ha! 

Some dude rolled by and stopped asking if I had everything. Cool thanks, I do! But awfully nice when other cyclists make sure you're ok! ;-)


                           Just a purty flower out there in front of my truck where I parked.


It was much cooler than I expected when I showed up to the parking lot.  I started thinking I should have brought my windbreaker and tights. Looked behind the seat of my truck right before I took off. Hey, that old crispy windbreaker and worn thing tights are still hanging out. I'll take it! Low of 55, didn't think it was that cool today but I guess it was!

The look on your face when you realize they are there!


Fun pics, minutes before the flat! :-(




No comments:

Post a Comment