Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Solo Ladies & Gents Ride without the Ladies & Gents ha ha!

 Hopefully video at later time.23 miles at 15.8 average speed solo tonight. Wow, it is amazing how much better I feel riding the streets at night compared to daylight. I see way too many cyclist who blend in with the background during the day. Especially wearing blacks and greys. Heck, all these lights strategically places, and both ankle reflector bands, I feel good! Not to mention, the drivers seem so courteous out there. 

Solo? Heck, I feel so much better riding alone. I like the friendship of other riders but after a while, it is not worth it the more I study them and their style. Too much ego bogs their minds then they start doing stupid stuff that not only places themselves in danger, but me too! Pfft, if I'm stupid enough, I'll start running the lights and blowing stops to beat someone in a race that is not there.  Group ride, riding together? Yeah, draw me into competition so I lose my head too. Soon I'm one of the ass hats that does all the stupid stuff I observe on the road. Seriously, driving the roads in my truck, I see too many idiots doing stuff that really bothers me. So to get drawn in, F that!

So riding along was really cool. Every stop legal, and most drivers will let you roll through first or wave you on. So why would I want to ride like and idiot? I don't so it was really sweet riding feeling safe out in the dark of night. Safe with traffic and safe with lights riding safely Mr. Beanz style. Not drawing me into mahem!

I started just as the sun was about to start setting. I really don't like this time of day but I wanted to ride somewhat earlier than my industrial center rides. So I started at 6:10, just a few minutes sooner than usual when I rode with the group. Being a little hazy too concerned me but hey, that's why I wear the light, right? I think they do the job!

Anyway, another nice ride. But I did notice something. I just like to ride my bike. I can ride the trail, the road, the industrial center and it is all good. People talk about getting bored with the views. I don't ride for the view, I ride for the exercise so anywhere I ride, I'm going to enjoy it! I just like riding my bike I guess.


I did record some while riding by the Halloween decorated houses on Bonita. Hopefully the video comes out.


Mills crossing over the 210. Actually this was after the ride. I rode back to get a couple pics seeing I was too busy keeping my eyes and lights on the road throughout the ride. Much easier with the video recorders so I did some video rather than pics.


Riding up Mills. Post ride posing ha ha! I was already done with my ride. :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment