Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Solo Night Easy Relaxing Leg Ride

 Nice 15.7 miles, easy warm up pace at 14.3 average speed. I actually wanted to do a Claremont to Covina road ride but there is a little chance of rain and my luck, riding alone out there, the rain would pour on me ha ha! So I opted for the local loops. If it rains, I am just a couple minutes from the truck.

My legs were actually still fried from the tandem ride. A couple of the short steep hills, I gave it my all and more and that seemed to hurt! Like I said before, when your partner doesn't ride much, riding a tandem is a killer, especially on hills of any size. I felt like I was going to pull both hammies at one time. But you know, still can't get Gina out on a ride week nights so her riding suffers riding once a week on Sundays for short rides. I know better than to try the tandem again. I did increase the distance some with her, 6 miles and I felt it as her usual is 26 for now. But I will say that I am surprised it hurt my legs that much. When Gina is in form, riding the tandem feels just like riding my single. I don't usually feel my legs pull on a 32 miler so I am going to say it was riding the tandem.

So last couple of days my legs kept feeling like my hammies wanted to pull so tonight felt really really good! I took it easy and just used a nice spin that didn't allow me to go into effort mode. Just easy relaxing riding warming up the muscles. Felt much better after the ride. Just hope my legs don't collapse on me tomorrow or that feeling better comment means nothing ha ha!

I'll be doing another ride with Joaquin on Saturday. 43, maybe 46 miles, not sure yet but a nice relaxed set of legs will help. :-)

The good thing about a nice easy ride is that it is much easier to take pics. At times, going faster on the trail limits my pic count trying to keep an effort while holding onto the bars. So tonight was good, really good for taking stupid pics ha ha ha!

                                                                       The silly pic!


The serious pic!


The ankle bands and again, I will never shave my legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment