Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Really Nice Evening Ride (VIDEO)

Solo 23 miles at 15.1 average speed. From Claremont to Covina and back. Felt pretty good and the air was really nice. I do see debris fly in the air as cars roll by, in the beam of my helmet light. Kind of wish I had a mask at those points but not much traffic tonight. I did start about 7:15 I think. So a bit later than usual and very light traffic.


Only one situation that could have been costly. Heading South crossing under a fwy when the light turned yellow and red suddenly while I was doing a good speed. I almost went but then my principles told me no, be safe! So I made a quick stop and just as I did, some dude exiting the freeway was coming pretty fast as well but hit his brakes kind of hard. Just bad timing, I don't think either one of us was at any kind of fault. But we both stopped and as I looked at him, he nodded and smiled. One of those looks like, THANKS FOR NOT MAKING ME KILL YOU type of looks. I'd really hate to put someone in that position, kill me over something stupid then have them live with it the rest of their lives because I was a fool.

And why is my blog doing all kinds of weird stuff with the typing format?! These people! Grrr!

Made a short little video for kicks!

Ha ha ha, good idea from Herb M. BNC cycling ha ha!

"Beanz Night Cycling"








Just happy to be out on the  bike I guess!


Kind of dark on Bonita heading East.


Yes, got my Mark's Bike Shop water bottle.


Hard to get a shot at night without a flash.


Paid some dude $10 to take a pic of me with my camera. OK, not really, just my little tripod on a pole.


Parking lot was a ghost town today. Only 9 pm. Where is everybody?!


My truck has never seen this kind of filth in its 19 years of life. I hat not having a garage!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment