Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Solo 23 Miler Claremont/Covina

 Solo miles today, early start so no night riding today. I think I like riding in the dark more ha ha! 23 miles at 15.3 average speed. I notice my average speed goes down when I make the stops and stop lights. I guess that's why some others appear faster on paper.  Real strange that some riders I know were really slow when I would ride with the group and now they carry a better average. I still don' care, I'm still making my stops to stay alive. And again, I see so many courteous drivers when I ride like I am supposed to ride. Heck, I do get a bit freaked out when I approach an apartment complex with several cars parked out in the front and no bike lane. But every time, I look back to time the car, can I beat it or not? Many times I back off half a step so they can go first, I'd rather not get hit. But then something amazing happens. They change lanes and take the far lane so I had the right lane to pass the parked cars. I hear so many bad comments and sits from people on cycling forums, I'm thinking they're idiots and create situations for themselves. That's all I can figure. But I do use 2 rear red blinkies to make sure they see me. One on the helmet and one on the seatpost.

But anyway, a nice ride! I am not crazy about riding west into the sunset but I found myself doing just that for about 2 miles today. Not bad but I'd rather not, harder to be seen. So if I ride in the day, guess I better start about 30 minutes sooner. But no big deal, just think it's harder to be seen and sometimes, can't avoid it. I'll do what I have to if it remains staying safe!


CRAP! Trying to capture that little incline behind me but the zoom somehow went on so my head looks really big ha ha ha!


That's better, at least I look happy!


I smoked that homeless dude on the bike. (to the left of the moto). I had my Cheerios today so he had no chance! :-P


My Madone after the ride, catching its breath!


Felt really good after the ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment