Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Solo Night Ride BLSB Ride

 22 miles at 14.1 average speed. Looking for  some good safe roads out there so tonight, I just went where I thought I could go and not see too much fast traffic. Baseline is pretty wide so no problem there. But I went across to Amelia then up to Foothill (above Rt 66). Across to Lorraine which is a nice wide road and good bike lane, low traffic. Across Sierra Madre back to Valley Center, then across Old Baseline, just So of baseline in the residential area. Low traffic again. Down San Dimas to Bonita then across back to Baseline and Mills.

II thought I would get more climbing this way but was less than the other course. Hmm, I'll have to find a way to get a little more climbing in without going too far out of the way. I thought about going up GMR to Dalton Cyn but thought it may be to dark at this time. I did descend Valley Center and it does look dark in the car so I was a little weary. But on the bike, and the lights, no problem. Much better than I expected.

It was chilly at the start. About 6 pm. My ears were feeling frozen though it was only 55 degrees as a low. I had brought my gator type mask just in case. I didn't want to be sucking in cold air. Heck, if you get a soar throat nowadays, one is not sure if it is a death sentence. So I brought the mask to avoid that but better yet, I used it to cover my frozen ears ha ha! Not that cold but sure felt like it!

Anyway, good ride, not too much traffic but missing a little something. BLSB, Baseline, Lorraine, Sierra Madre, and Bonita ride ha ha!


                                                                         Cold ears!



Got my Mark's Bike Shop bottles. Pretty thin and squeezable plastic. Less hassle on the dark road. Just squeeze and drink.


Just posing ha ha! Little school I ran into along the way.


Had this pic in my files so hey, I'll post it. Nothing better than eating tortillas ha ha!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment