Monday, March 22, 2021

22 Miles/ Monday Night Chill Ride (hope for video Monday)

 22 miles with the group, 13.2 average. Pacific Electric Trail. Not my favorite but it's good to ride with others at times. I do ride my MTB as it smooths out the road with the big fat tires. I've ridden it before in daytime and I actually prefer nights because when you get to the crossings, you can see the lights of the cars coming. Of course still paying attention as I see sooooo many people driving with their lights off nowadays. I guess they don't notice how dark it is outside, duh!

But anyway, a good ride on the MTB and trying to keep up with road bikes along the way is a good workout.

Funny though, I was riding away down a little dark street. I hear ,"MR. BEANZ!!!".  I roll back not sure if I heard correctly. I get closer and it's my buddy Tony ha ha ha! Funny how people recognize me even in the dark. Maybe it is the cyclist's stature ha ha ha! I remember one time, I saw some cyclists in a dark parking lot. I was not in cycling clothes, in the dark, across a parking lot, wearing a baseball cap, and heard someone shout, "MR. BEANZ!!!". Ha ha ha, guess I'm a big target.


Got a few minutes of daylight before the night fell upon us. OK, the ride leader was late so we lost some daylight ha ha ha!


One of the crossings. I think it was Central Ave in Montclair


Tony, recognized me down a dark street, riding away from 20 or 30 yards ha ha ha! Th spiders give me away!



No comments:

Post a Comment