Thursday, March 18, 2021

Got some cool stuff! Conversation Concepts Inc

 Pretty cool! I have a youtube buddy who interacts with me often. Very active cyclist and cool guy. He posts some of his company product now and then. Figurines etc. I have commented as some of the stuff is really cool. He asked what kind of dog I liked. Well, my daughter and granddaughter are into dogs and just got a new Golden Doodle. So he said he would send one if I pic out a style of figurine. I did then he asked what kind of animal Gina liked.  Funny, but cows! So he said he would send one for her too! 

Wow! Got the package and he sent a lot of stuff. I checked out his site and saw some cool stuff. All animals, sports stuff, desk accessories, memo holders, magnets, ornaments, Angels, even devils ha ha ha! Earrings, lots of stuff to choose from. One of my favorites is the bottle topper. Heck, I just might have to start drinking wine so I have a reason to get one ha ha ha!

But anyway, he's a cool guy and said that if any of my friends wanted to order, go to the site, place MR. BEANZ  in the comment box and receive a 10% discount. Wow, the Beanz Discount continues ha ha ha!

Figure I could make a little video and show off some of the stuff he deals with, as a thank you!




Did see Mark today as well. I had him replace the headset in my old Cannondale a couple months back. He said it it works loose, he'd tighten it no problem. Of course after a break in period, it came loose a bit. So I went in and had him tighten it. He says no charge and kind of what I figured but I gave him $5 for a soda or something. I almost always get on the spot service with 5 minutes services so I don't mind giving a little something even when I don't have to. So my service is quick and painless when I go to Mark. I have a few buddies that use him as well. Good guy!

I've known Mark since 1996. First and ONLY guy to build wheels that lasted over 2,000 miles under my body. I build my own now but if I ever need help or advice, Mark is the Man! Not to mention, I have been to most stores from Fontana to Monrovia and Mark has fixed plenty of the crap they have done to my bikes.  Seriously, I bought a bike in Chino near the 60 fwy. The chain kept flying off the front. Took it back 3 times and the shop could not fix it. They ended up telling me that it was my fault for not knowing how to shift gears. Really? After years of riding no problem? That was the manager who told me that.

I took it to the shop where Mark was working at the time. I walked in, told him the problem and he looked at the bike, without touching it, for 30 seconds then said he spotted the problems. Seriously, didn't touch the bike, standing about 5 feet away, 30 seconds! It was that the other guys had the chain line on the front derailleur set up like a mountain bike using a different position setting. He got a wrench, fiddled with it for like 2 minutes and never again did I have a problem with the front shifting.

Seriously?!?!?! 4 guys at the other shop, the manager, and they couldn't figure it out. Mark took 30 seconds!

Best mechanic in California ha ha ha! Glad he has his own shop now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment