Sunday, March 14, 2021

31 Chilly with Gina

 31 miles at 15.8 with Gina. Ran into Herb and Alyce at the start. They rolled up as we were getting ready. Started chatting about Herb's new trike. He offered to let us ride it trying it out. Gina did but I'm to heavy. I hate to sit on anybody's bike because if something happens, I'd feel bad ha ha ha! But Gina hopped on and took it for a spin. She liked it and had some fun. She had mentioned before about getting one of those fast recumbent bikes. But no way, she'd drop me like a bad habit ha ha ha!

We started later than usual. Which I did not mind because it was chilly. I did decide to ride without leg cover and the windbreaker. Heck man, just getting tired of being covered up. It was chilly but I survived. It was sunny at the beach though. Wow, like a half mile before the coast, we ran into some sun and it sure felt good!

Ran into Jesus at the beach stop. Had all kinds of chat ha ha ha! But it's good to have conversation with people. Especially right now seeing everyone has been locked up for so long. So chatting with Jesus, was good, new material. We had met several times before but never really had a good long talk.

We did a steady pace back. Saw Jesus ahead, left a couple minutes earlier. Seems he waited for us at the wooden bridge. So we rode close together for most of the way back and I was just holding a steady pace for Gina. Then a little fast group went by so Jesus hopped on and pulled away. I just kept the steady pace. I don't like to make Gina race too much right now. When she has a chance to get in more mileage, I'll lift the pace on her and she probably won't even notice ha ha ha!


                                                          Gina testing out Herb's Cat Trike


I think she may be having a little too much fun!


Herb and Alyce


Gina on another round!


The trike


Good to see Herb getting in some miles after his injury last year.


Tired of being covered up. Went chilly today. Tired of these white man legs ha ha ha!



Jesus. He asked mask or no mask? I said whatever makes you look better ha ha ha!




I figured if I wore my bones jersey, I'd look skinny and weigh less ha ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment