Saturday, March 6, 2021

GMR for 4,000 Please

 22.6 miles today with 4,049 ft of gain. Rode to the shack and thought about the high point 17 miles up. But I hate to ride back there alone and not really feeling it. So I rode down to the fork, back up, down, back up again. When I got to the bottom, I saw I had 3,100 ft gain. Heck, might as well go back up again for another 900 to get 4k. Always have to do a bit more so Strava doesn't rip me off the gain total ha ha ha!

I did see Eduardo and his buddies up there. Tried to snap a quick pic of Ed and his new bike but his buddies were talking off so I missed a bit but hey, better than nothing!

Very nice day though. A bit warm the first time up. Felt nice going down then nice heading up the final climb. But once in the sun again, it got warm. Thankfully I was done ha ha ha!


I did see Ron on my way home. He was stopped at the top of a hill by Live Oak. Wasn't sure if it was him at first but yup, was him as I rolled by. So I doubled back to make sure he got back on the road. I rolled by a second time and gave him a thumbs up. He returned it so I figured he must be OK so I headed out.


                   I like this view while climbing up. I didn't say it was fun but it is a cool view.


You know how hard it is to climb this section, reach back, get the camera out of the case, take a pic and try to smile riding with one hand? Looks more like I'm trying not to fall off my bike ha ha ha!


Ran into Eduardo at the top


Tried to get a new bike shot but his buddies headed down so he was in a rush to head out. Rush photography ha ha!


My bike up there. They say pics or it didn't happen! :-P


Just digging this little red stuff on my bike.


Beanz enjoying a Clif Bar in the wilderness wondering if he should head back up for the final grand.


I tried to get this shot riding up the first time. Missed like 3 times so second time up, I just stopped to take it ha ha ha!


Ahhhh haaaa! Ron caught me rolling by with his recorders. An image from his video.



No comments:

Post a Comment