Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Solo Night Ride

 34 solo night miles in order to get my 400 for the month. Last day and last chance, I got it! Of course, not without the added fun of a flat tire at night. Second new tire in 1 week. Last weekend the rear going through a glass trap at the train station ramp. Then tonight, hitting some debris that looks to have fallen off a car. Maybe after and accident? I ran over something clear, big piece of glass, maybe from the headlight lens. Luckily it hissed right away so enough for a safe stop.


I did the Claremont to Covina course. Then still needing another 10, I repeated part of it. Got late as I started right about 7 trying to avoid the sundown danger of riding west. Worked well but once I flatted, it set me behind schedule so I finished late about 10:15


No damage to the tire other than the puncture but dang it, tubes are so expensive nowadays! :-(


                                                  Still happy, starting out, before the flat! :-P



The night flat. Luckily a nice little median to work on. Luckily the front, easy fix.


The "I HAVE TO FIX A FLAT AT NIGHT?!"look. :-P


After the ride posing.



No comments:

Post a Comment