Sunday, February 28, 2021

Gina and I for 26

 26 windy miles at 14.9 average speed. Pretty windy about half the way as the wind was shifting back and forth. Headed south from the train station thinking we would have a tailwind all the way then fight a tough headwind on the way back. My strategy is to ride easy with the tailwind then work on the return against the headwind. But the wind shifted so we were working hard both ways and some tailwind both ways. Not as bad as I expected. I was expecting a real sufferfest but not all that bad. Just a good plan to make it through.

I didn't really feel like riding but this would put me over 400 miles for the month. I ended up with 421 which is good for me! Gina didn't want to ride but we have an agreement. I let her skip Saturdays to spend with her son then she rides Sundays. She tried to use the wind as an excuse but nope, a deal is a deal!

Didn't see too many riders out there and the beach stop was empty. But who cares, I ride for myself ha ha ha! And it was nice to have a mostly empty trail to ourselves.












No comments:

Post a Comment