Saturday, February 27, 2021

Solo Fat Bastard Ride 43 Miles

 43 solo miles today at 17.4 average speed. Been feeling good so I went out alone to see if I could do 17 average. Did better so I am happy ha ha ha!


Ran into Bad Bob at the coast. I enjoy talking to Bad Bob about real life stuff. I think we're on the same level. Treat people like they treat you. If you're a d!ck, expect to be treated like one ha ha ha! Ran into Paul, a YouTube fan at the start. Had a little bike chat with him then Rheo was there and heading the same direction so I took off because I knew he was going to catch me somewhere along the way ha ha ha! Ran across a dude named Jason. I thought he said Dave but my hearing sucks but once I saw him on Strava, his name is Jason. Boy my hearing is bad now.

I did run into Tony and Thai at the coast as well. Thai was telling me how he is trying to talk Tony into being more adventurous, do some organized rides etc. But according to Thai, he says Tony is sheltered ha ha ha! Said he worries about going outside in the wind worried a stick falling from a tree might hit him. That's funny! I never though of Tony that way but I guess Thai knows him best as they ride together all the time.

I was trying to maintain 17 the entire time and felt good. I stopped at Edna Park and when I got back on the trail, some dude was just ahead of me, like 20 yards. He kept looking back and trying to race off. OK, whatever! I'm trying to hold my pace and ride solo but I ended up catching him after he faded. Of course taking my wheel. I tried to make it clear with my body language that I wanted to ride solo but another wheelsucker I guess. So I stopped and let him roll on, about 100 yard head start.

No, didn't want to catch him, just wanted to keep my 17. Doing 16.5 or so trying to keep my average from dropping too much. Had a 17.1 at Yorba Park with the tailwind while warming up. So trying to keep it close but kept catching this dude. Didn't want him on my wheel, didn't want his help and to start off, he was trying to stay away from the start. If someone acts like a good team mate from the start, I'm more likely to ride with them. But too much ego riding around others. I'd rather just do my own thing. So catching him a second time, he took my wheel again. Geeze, I stopped again and let him have another 100 yards seeing we were about a mile from the coast. 

Of course when I stopped, Rheo caught me as I started up again. He rolled by and offered me his wheel but I refused the offer wanting to do the ride under my own power. So he pulled away some but before we hit the coast, he turned back. Quick wave and he was gone.

On the return, I ran across Jason again. He had parked at the train station as well so we ran into each other one more time at the boy's room ha ha ha!



                 Paul, a YouTube fan! You probably saw him at the start of a recent video.


At Yorba Park. Feeling good but the headwind was to come. Not bad though, for once!


Nice day at the coast. All around really!


Jason, riding a fat bike. Wow, those tires are huge! Not sure I could do it ha ha ha!


Just wanted to see my little red bar end plugs, and valve caps ha ha!


After the ride, feeling good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment