Thursday, February 4, 2021

More Hills Short Ride Tonight

 13.3 miles with 1,516 ft of gain. Feeling great so I thought I would start working on climbs again. I had mentioned some climbing rides to the ride leader of the group but he got pissy, so screw it, I'm doing my own. That is what makes the difference with us BIG guys. Some of us only do the easy stuff but others work on their disadvantages to make themselves stronger. So when we ride, there is a reason why some Big guys can't keep up. Put in the work or get dropped ha ha ha!

Just sad how people avoid the climbs like the plague. So much fun! Tonight some gentle 3-4%, to 5%, to 10%, then the very top was 17% according to the Strava graph. I saw 16% while riding up on my Garmin. And really surprised that this grade didn't hurt me like it did a couple years ago when I used to frequent this area. So hey, great, I'll take it. Can only make me stronger!

Getting ready but doing some short small climbs then aiming for some longer rides with longer grades. Just warming up!

                                           I just came up the 10% looking to the steep one!


Actually feeling great tonight!


On the 5%, looking to the 10.


Yes, the Old Fart survived!



2 comments:

  1. We both did short climbing rides tonight. Ha ha. Good Strong 17% grade effort for you. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jimbo! I see your ride, nice ride and gain. Got to do hills ha ha ha!

      Delete