Sunday, February 7, 2021

SART w/Gina

 31 miles at 16.8 average.  Gina wore her space suit top but was disappointed seeing it was not as warm as she wanted. But I liked it, kind of cool bling style ha ha ha! I was planning on an easy ride and it was but Gina was doing really well. If I get a 16.0 average out of her, I'm happy seeing she only rides like 3 times per month maybe. Only riding on Sundays since spending time with her son on Saturdays. So not much ride time but she's doing really well right now. She used to do 17.5 speeds on 44 miles so this is actually as close as I can expect with little saddle time. 

Not too windy, a breeze but it was good. Wasn't going to try to beat the headwind so I just relaxed and let it roll.  Gina kept up well and finished strong. I made the video part of Saturday and part Sunday. I did forget to get Tony and his new wheels on video, a little description scene but hey, it can be tough trying to remember everything ha ha ha!

I did learn something new having made many videos. I stripped a little cheap mount I had and it still would have worked had I though to pack a corn nuts in my video bag. I did think when I got home about the things that would help in these cases. So I tossed in a few little a corn nuts, a tiny wrench, and an extra screw just in case. Would have really helped this time as the Sat video might be a little shaky for that reason, stripping the mount. It is a little fixture that I bought a few extra replacements but I think instead of replacing the piece, I'll give it a go next time with an a corn nut just to see how convenient or non convenient it is. Heck, never know, I might like it more and once I attach it to my bike, it stays there throughout the ride anyway.  

So that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Ran into Gian and his friends for a little clip in the video. Louie from Sikad, Tony and Thai for some wise guy remarks, and heck, I can't remember at this moment ha ha ha!




Dinner later that night. Gina looking happy but a little beat still. Kind of a "I'm still tired" smile ha ha!




Little aluminum colored caps on the presta valves. I was thinking gold on my bike with the gold trim                 lettering on the frame. But I'll have to test the colors, see which is faster ha ha ha!



Gina in her space suit ready to go!



The double Gina shot!


A little stretch after a couple of miles and turnaround point at Lincoln to make 31.


We don't need no shtinkin' e-bikes!



No comments:

Post a Comment