Wednesday, February 3, 2021

When A Ride Leader Wants to be a D!ck

 So  you guys know me, super nice kind guy unless you want to rub me the wrong way or be a d!ck. I was riding with the group and having fun though I find it frustrating as most want to go out to a "friendly" ride to race. I was actually shocked the first few times I went out, if you read my stuff. Still they continue to invite newbs to go out but pound them once the ride starts. We start on Baseline on a slight downward grade and I find myself on the back at 25 trying to warm up ha ha ha! Sure enough, most will fade once we are done with the downward slope.

I myself like to hold a good pace but don't race, drop, or use people on rides. I like riding together as my buds will tell you. But one of the big issues is that, as mentioned by several others, the group follows the lead of the leader. I myself was shocked as my first few times out, actually every ride, the ride leader tries to compete with me. I am not sure why. Maybe because we are both big guys of just about the same size and being a pioneer racer for a college team and organizer, he feels he has to "try", yes I said "try" showing me up. Of course anybody can be strong for 5 minutes but keep it up, different story.

I actually felt bad for the guy spanking his ass on the climbs even though I didn't have much saddle time over the last couple of years with family issues, deaths, illness etc. How could a racer guy "not" keep up with my out of form self?  So I tried riding with the guy and sure enough, being nice, the guy would take it for weakness and try to drop me. I thought it was funny but after so many times, you just got to show the guy he is no match, so I kicked his ass like 20 times in a row to stamp my authority on him. Had he not been and ass on the bike, I would have been more than happy to work with him.

But I think back to the old forum days,  back in 2007, didn't even know the guy and he was already posting that he passed Mr. Beanz! :-O I had no idea who the guy was but apparently, he passed Gina and I on our tandem as we had just started out about a mile earlier and were warming up. This guy passed us having started from Green River and well warmed. I was more than likely still trying to get my balls comfortable on the saddle as Gina and I used to start from Imperial at the time. But he goes on the forum having to mention he passed me. OKAY!

So I was invited to ride with the group. Maybe this would give him a chance to race me, or show me his stuff! What stuff?! Ha ha ha ha! If riders know me, they know I am more than willing to go to the front and take my turn and work with the group. But this guy, he's a cheeseball. First ride I did on the trail with him, he was shouting at a couple of guys to take their turn at the front. But monitoring him, we had quite a laugh, few of us guys who noticed he never took a turn of his own at the front. Not to mention when we approached the little ramp just south of Moon Park, he would race around for a head start so that he would not get dropped on the HILL! Too funny!

Then the first time Gina rode with the group, just a few of us. He was at the front for like 2 minutes after the Edna Park bridge heading south. He actually turned off and went up the ramp. I thought we were stopping so I asked one of the other riders, "are we stopping?". His response was no, that the ride leader would do whatever he could to avoid being in the front. Wow, ha ha ha, that one had me and a Gina in shock. 

So after Gina's suggestion, I moved to the front with her on my wheel to set a pace avoiding confusion and wussies with racing credentials who were scared to take the front. So I pulled them all the way to the coast and kept it together. BUT, BUT, BUT who else would come to the front with 200 yards left? Mr. Race Leader himself! I could not for the life of me figure out what he was doing at the time. But like most other insecure riders, he waited till he knew he could not fade out, he took the front trying to impress the women I guess.  Now Gina never says much or complains but at the coast, the guy said, "I saw you fading so I decided I would help you!". OK, how does getting in the front and lifting the pace, breaking apart the group, help? Of course we did not say anything, we couldn't as our jaws were on the floor amazed by his stupid comment. Again, Gina never says much but she was not happy with his comments and stupid move. The group was going to ride along PCH but at the beach, Gina made it clear to me that she didn't want to ride with the group at this point. So after he left, we had another laugh at his stupid move and comments.

So I continue to do his rides just to be around people but mostly frustration. You think inviting non racer women, newbs, that the group would ride together. But nope, they jump on the trail, should I say the leader jumps on the trail and kicks the pace up to 20 even before all have entered the trail, kicks it up for a mile then fades. I spend all my time trying to keep up only to see him fade like a cheap t shirt.

So after he is burned out, I find myself pulling the group at a steady pace. Then when his balls feel big, he races around and drops the group..........for 30 seconds. Then when I reel him back in, he says, "oh there you are!". Wow, like he helped? Or did he impress someone? What a clown! Never ever do I race around someone who had just pulled my ass for the last few miles.

If you've watched my videos, you will notice that I praise a woman named Gloria. She was the only one who would help me on this ride. Just before that scene, you will see one of the cheeseballs waving me by. He sucked wheel then raced around getting a good 100 yards ahead then faded. So he fell back in line. About 3 or 4 times he did this across PCH. Well, they do this because our ride leader does the same thing. They follow his lead and end up cheeseballs too. 

So anyway, on Thursday night rides, the guy is just flat out obnoxious at times. I guess because he is a big guy, he thinks he can talk trash to the other guys and nobody will say much in return. I will say there were a few times that he talked trash to a couple of guys and I really had it at that point. I wanted to say something but didn't want to start an altercation at that point. So I bit my tongue but a couple of times, I almost turned back and said, F this guy, what a lousy ride leader. But imo, and that of others, I think he is trying to impress the women in the group. For reals, after the rides, he hugs on the women, rubs their backs etc. I love women but really, if I did that crap, I'd feel like a big loser and even creepy. Of course I take bikini pics at times but Gina is with me and knows about the many requests I get to post more. I entertain people but actually gets boring so that is why I don't post many now. I will be honest, I still love the boobie shots but never would I rub on a group member. What a loser!

So I don't like when he gets obnoxious with others. One guy told me that he notices that he never gets that way with me. Because I won't stand for it. If he says something to me in person, it's on! Online, it's on too!

But we do a ride to Balboa and not having done that course for years and years, I do well I guess and get 142 PR's. I mention it as others do as well. Happy with my recent progress and surprised I could do better 10 years later. But I guess it hurt his feelings as he made a couple of snarky remarks on the FB group page. Ok no big deal so I go to the group ride and give him a chance to be a smart ass to my face, though I did not feel like going at this point but I won't back down or give him a chance to think he could intimidate me. So I walk up and he is super nice. Maybe surprised I showed. So I just kick his ass on the ride worst  than the previous times.

Then I didn't go to a Monday ride as I never got an invite. I had never been to a ride that I did not get an invite. So I did not know it was on but didn't really miss riding on Mondays anyway, rather ride Tuesday. So I teased the gal who runs it a bit, even made a sad song video about not getting and invite, singing with my guitar as a joke. Nothing against the lady. But I guess the moron feels he needs to take advantage of it. Starts posting obnoxious replies to my posts, everything I post. I can't figure him out at this point just yet as he is not over the top and I don't know how to take it, yet!

So we do the 72 mile ride. Still the clown tries to make a competition out of it. I end up with 197 PR's and kicked the shit out of him again. I see that every time I help him, he is going to try to race around instead of helping. SO fuck it, I'm dropping his ass every time I get a chance, which is often ha ha ha! If I open a gap, he will try to close it knowing he can ride my wheel for some time since I'm not a puss like he is ha ha ha! So the last couple of rides, once I got a gap, caused by other riders splitting the group, I gave it my all to keep him off me. Takes a good 5 minutes of effort then he's toast while I continue on at my rate. So I think he finally realized he can not keep up unless I let him. A huge blow to his huge ego that is pretty noticeable to all. I've heard plenty of comments about his huge ego.

So the last 72 miles, 179 PR's and he has 100. He has ridden this course for years and 100 PR's this time? The Balboa ride, his average improved by 1.5 MPH per hour, what does that tell you? He is trying to keep up with me and putting in a good effort. But still I smoked his ass on both rides big time.

So he finally realized his race breed doesn't do shit for him ha ha ha! I say he has improved some since I joined the group so he should be thanking me for the motivation and not be a big freaking cry baby!

So the next Monday night ride was coming around. I got an invite from the lady but not sure if I want to go. But then I see him start making comments about being a baby, some image with a Cry Baby hill on it. So made my decision right there, don't need the Monday ride. Supposed to be an easy beginner ride so I take my MTB with knobbies and the others turn it into a race. I can still beat all but maybe 4 or 5 out of the group on my MTB ha ha ha! The losers are the ones getting upset.  The ride leader is one of them. 

Funny thing is, I notice everything I do, he does. I ride my MTB, he shows up the next week on his MTB, I still kick his ass anyway. I wear my light on my helmet, he shows up the next week with a light on his helmet. Obviously, this guy has something about me outdoing him on everything.

But he goes on teasing and I'm done. I leave his group and the Monday ride group pages. Let the wuss have his fun. A couple of others laugh posting images but guess what, it was the same ass hats I have on video fading like mother fuckers after sprinting around having sucked my wheel for miles. Too funny, seems the idiots all stick together. They suck wheel, try to sprint around, open a gap of 100 yards then I reel them back in after they fade. I think they all stick together ha ha ha!

So I post on my personal page and the ride leader attacks me there. Thinking he's funny, I don't know, or just an obnoxious prick, I am guessing!

So it is like, OK, you can pick on some people but you ain't picking on me. I already see he is somewhat intimidated the day I showed up him thinking I wouldn't . He was the nicest guy as if we had just me. So I see intimidation in his actions, not going to say anything face to face.

So this time, he is hurt because I kicked his ass bigtime on 72, he starts in. So I posted this on FB knowing he has like 2,000 friends and many of them see his name and will read it.



I tagged him so all his friends, our friends could see it ha ha ha! I almost thought he might respond but my bet was that he would remove the tag. He did so I posted a comment and tagged him again ha ha ha! I received a few messages from others that have expressed their displeasure in his actions as well. So I'm not the only one who notices, but probably the only one that will confront him on it. No fucking way will I sit back and let this idiot think he is going to intimidate me like the others.  Anytime, on the net, face to face, he better watch his back ha ha ha!

I've already got invites from others who seem to be splitting off the group because of this idiot.

As far as the Cry Baby Hill image he posted, as you can see in my image. I mentioned that on the 72 mile ride, he was crying on the final 10 miles of a non stop bloody nose. Obviously he outdid himself trying to keep up and paid the price. The real Cry Baby, I just rode my bike and even held back some to let others keep up after a couple of regroups. At the end, seemed he took off and tried to make a run for it. So I took off wanting to catch him. But by the time I caught him, I was feeling good and he faded like a MOFO so I just kept going and left him minutes behind on the last 3 or 4 miles.

So who was the Cry Baby, bitch?! ha ha ha! You can get away with picking on others, but you don't pick on me! I
I'll fucking fight back and take your friends too ha ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment