Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Short EZ Local Ride at Night

 11 miles at an easy pace of 10.2 going easy on the local foothills. One climb reads 15% on the Garmin while climbing. San Antonio CR E. I guess that means CREST. But anyway, a steep little mutha there. I did a few loops and did that little stretch a couple of times. Then the last loop, after that street, I went left up to the top where Mountain and Euclid meet. That is a little beotch too ha ha! I didn't look down at my Garmin there, but running the cursor along the Strava graph, it shows a 12.5% in there. I've done it many times over the years and I know it is steep ha ha ha!

So having tired legs still, after the windy 72 on Saturday, and 20 more windy miles on Sunday, I wasn't sure if I could make the hills but I gave it a try. So I was happy about making it up this night.

Very nice refreshing air in the foothills. Finally got a chance to wear my shorts and go windbreaker less on a night ride, for once. Hope the weather holds for a few more ha ha ha!


                               Where Mountain and Euclid meet. Nice view over the valley.


At the top of that steep little climb just above the chapel


I enjoy riding up San Antonio. Drivers are very courteous, wide open roads, good lighting sort of ha ha ha! Sometimes the drivers are too courteous ha ha! There have been times when I approach a crowded 4 way stop but ALL the drivers wave me through. Very nice but little do they know I'm dying for a short stop to catch my breath. So you have to ride through and not show the pain, and even remove  your hand from the bars for a quick thank you wave ha ha ha!


Yes, the Fat Bastard was out on the road again!


Hey, now I'm almost cool! Found some red stuff on ebay to add some accent to the bike.

Red valve caps, 4 for $6. Red go pro screws 3 for $7, and now the bar end plugs, set for like $9.





No comments:

Post a Comment