Thursday, February 11, 2021

Wow, Gifted a Strava Premium Membership

 Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. I do feel funny about gifts but as Mom said once giving me a gift for my birthday, $100 cash, accepting the gift makes the giver very happy that they could do something nice for you. So I took her hundred dollars ha ha ha! I had a membership over several years, maybe 5 or 6 but I got tired of paying and I'm not too good at keeping track of time anyway when it comes to renewals ha ha ha!

So I had let it go but a buddy sent an email and was pretty concerned that I got it. I was thinking it might be a link to a mountain bike sale or something, maybe tires ha ha ha! But I finally got the email a day later than he had asked me as he had my old email on record. He seemed concerned about getting it to me. Now I know why ha ha ha! 

I opened the email and read the name, the issue and thought that the Strava had sent it to me on accident. But then I read a little further and saw that it was a gift from the sender, a subscription to me, WOW! Very nice of my friend to do that. Almost feel bad but as Mom says, it makes the giver happy to know they can do something nice for you. 

Of course I enjoy looking at all the stats on Strava so that is just too cool! I thanked my friend and said it was way too much and too cool and didn't have to but it is a very very nice gesture!

My friend did remind me that if either one of us, including a third friend were to ever win the lotto, we all get new bikes ha ha ha! Sounds good to me!

So thanks from the bottom of my heart to my friend for the gift! Not used to getting cool stuff like this just out of nowhere so it is really really cool!

Well, one of my cycling buddies Milton, did buy me an order of tator tots once. That was cool too but he had stolen a few of my fries a couple years earlier so that was more like payback ha haha!

Again, just so cool that a friend would do something like this out of nowhere making  your day! ;-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment