Sunday, August 29, 2021

And 13 More Will be 500 for the Month Easy Cruise

 31 miles at 15.6 average speed today with Gina. Felt good to just simmer down and do an easy ride. I must be getting old, the legs are feeling the fatigue. But a few more and it will be a 500 mile month with 22,000+ plus feet of climbing. Probably haven't done that in a while ha ha ha!

Gina did really well, and passing me up on some of the little inclines. Did I say my legs were feeling fatigue? Ha ha ha! I got 101 excuses. Gina says it was hot but I thought it was nice. I actually thought it was cold at the beach, hmmm! 

But a great ride. My breathing was great the last couple of days. More legs but really happy with the ease of breathing I've been feeling with the better amount of riding I have been doing.

On the way back, we passed a couple. Richard and Eileen. I had seen them before quite a few times. Have some nice custom made Robertson steel lugged bikes. We passed them somewhere along the way back. Then we spoke at the end as we were parked pretty close together. Eileen said Gina was fast. She saw us pass but thought it funny that she kept pulling away and opening ground on them. Ha ha ha always entertaining to talk about Gina and the times she has been underestimated by way too many of my friends. So we had a good talk about that kind of stuff. Eileen says they will probably never be that fast!

Uhhhh NO! I told told her to keep putting in the miles and one day, it will click! Happened to both us and it will happen to them too. I remember pushing Gina back on some of the longer rides, physically with my hand on her back after she pooped out.  But as mentioned, one day, it clicked. She got out of bed, onto her bike then bam, a 17 average over a 43 mile ride. It happens so you got to believe and keep at it!

But a nice chat, long chat, and I have to say, most of it was me ha ha ha! Those of you who know me, MIGHT believe that's true ha ha ha! But a nice couple and nice talking bike chat and bikes with nice people. Really dig their bikes. I caught them in a video not long ago and mentioned something about their bikes during a quick appearance.

Saw Tony and Thai heading the opposite way. Thai with his signature no hands riding ha ha ha! Then saw a couple of friends ride by, Eduardo and Danny who ride with the Tio's Cycling Club. I saw them go by the opposite direction as well. Then I saw the jerseys heading back and thought it was them. So I snapped a pic then realized it wasn't them ha ha ha! The guys probably thought I was some kind of nut taking their pic.


BTW, I post off and on in this little cycling forum. I started this thread back in 2015. Seems to still be going and having 265,000 views ha ha ha!

https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/did-you-ride-today.450064/page-168#post-3865977


                                                          Nice easy rolling felt good!


I stand corrected. I asked Gina if she wanted something from my nut bag. She said it's a bag of nuts. OK ha ha ha!


After the ride. She did well but said she was hot. I didn't feel it much today.


Getting ready to roll back. Not many cyclists around the beach stop lately.


So I can not count the times I have argued with others on cycling forums. They claim drivers hate cyclists because they are green, don't pollute and don't little like the scum bag drivers. Yeah, OK! I have mentioned the times I have seen cyclist trash on the trails and in the mountains. But they argue and say I make it up! Whatever.


Pretty obvious, this was intentional. But according to studies, 100 out of 100 cyclists would put their wrappers in a jersey pocket and dump it specified container. Idiots!


I though it was Ed and Danny but not them. Just 3 guys who probably think I'm a nut ha ha ha!


Thai and Tony


Good workout pulling a trailer into the wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment