Saturday, August 28, 2021

Solo SART Ride Fat Bastard

 Solo 45 miler on SART today. 17.1 average speed. Supposed to be really hot today so I took a weekend off from the Foothills and gave the trail a try. Started a bit early, about 8:30 'ish. Good move, much cooler and surprisingly, a bit of drizzle at the coast. About 5 miles away, I could see the clouds at the beach. Heck, I didn't mind. Welcomed it with the heat we've been having.

I wanted to ride solo to see if I could hold a 17 average. Wow, my legs are tired from the hills I guess. My breathing was great but my legs felt a bit fatigued from the hills during the week, I guess. Either way, took a while to warm up but mid ride, felt really good. I was able to push back pretty well hoping to get my average. I did!

Ran into Mark J at the coast. Haven't seen him in a few years but one of the guys I started out riding with back in like 1993. Good to see him back on the bike again after years and years off. We did my first Ride Around the Beat back in about 2003 or 4.

Saw Tony B as well as Tony and Thai. Didn't  have a chance to snap their pics as I was heading out quickly to catch T & T as they left rather quickly. So a very quick chat with Tony B then headed out. Did see Dale at the coast as well. Always a cool guy.  Calif MTB champ years ago. Good strong fast rider.

A few other fly bys but no chance for pics. Next time!


                                                 Starting out without the headwind. :-)



Mark J



Cool most of the ride but the last 5 or so, sweat and heat!


Cool Man Dale!



No comments:

Post a Comment