Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Solo Tues Night Ride

 A nice relaxing 22 mile ride with 1100 ft. Wow, the gain really adds up when you're not riding the trail. My goal every month is 400 miles. I have 381 so far but 18,000+ ft gain for the month. SO that's nice and I should kill my 400 mile goal

Feels really good getting back on track again. Previous years I was doing 2,000, last year 4,000 and maybe 5,000 this year if I can keep it up. So I am really happy about that and the gain is just a bonus.

So far, 3245 miles with just about 120,000 ft of gain.

Baseline across to Wheeler, up then across Baseline once again to Amelia then down to Bonita. Nice ride and relaxing.


                      After the Wheeler climb, stopped at Mills park to refill the water.


Looking down from that park, I saw San Dimas Cyn Rd below. Wow, when I ride that road, I always wonder what's at the top of the big hills. Now I know! Seems like you're out in the middle of the desert when you're on that road but it's all just right above me ha ha ha!


Love this cheapo little XOSS gps unit. Auto light at night and like $35


Getting dark now!


Little extra credit climb up Mills to get the 1k of climbing. Across Miramar to Grand then back down to Baseline. Sure was dark up here. That is my light beam on the trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment