Thursday, August 5, 2021

Sandra Tour

 So been in contact with Sandra on my Strava. She has been riding alone lately. Not digging the heat and the early starts with her groups so avoiding the heat, we hooked up for an evening ride. 23 miles rolling around the foothills. I know the main roads but she knows the offshoots riding with other groups. Almost a repeat of what I did yesterday but with a few twists here and there. Always cool to explore new roads with somebody who knows where they are ha ha ha!

Took it kind of easy because she is registered to do a Big Bear ride this weekend. Wow! So it was nice to just cruise around and get a feel for the roads. Heck, with the price of gas, I might not be able to ride the trail as usual. Too much driving for the amount of miles I am getting. Not even that really bothering me, more the price of gas ha ha ha! I just may ride out here on Saturdays and do the trail on Sunday with Gina. At least on Sundays, two of us on the road vs my traveling alone on Saturdays.

So today was nice. Got to catch up on things and reinforce some of the things I think about group rides ha ha ha! We did run into Andrea and Tim from the group. I think they smoked the others and were pretty far ahead of the rest of the group. We had seen them from far on Mountain Ave climbing to Baseline. But we turned on Twelfth St and took a different route. By the time Sandra and I rode straight up Mill, it was only Tim and Andrea at the corner as we rode by. Then they caught up to us and had a brief hello and a little chat with Andrea. Always nice and friendly. She invited me to the Dog Haus where they start to join them. Ah no thanks. She is so nice but I just can't stand to look at the leader's face ha ha ha!

Then I rode with Sandra to the freeway overpass as she started there at the Dog Haus. I rode with her to that point then back to my start at Mills and Baseline, Euro Cafe. I packed, fiddled around for a bit then as I was driving home, I saw the ride leader and a few others. Wow, they must have really been lagging to be that far behind.


                                                     Exploring new roads with Sandra!


Wonderful pic of Sandra though she was worried about no makeup!





Another road I haven't traveled. I had to stay within sight so I didn't get lost.


Some cool nice neighborhoods we rode.


My fat head, almost done!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment