Saturday, August 7, 2021

Solo GMR/Overstuffed Sausage/Hot AF Ride

 30 miles with 2500 ft gain today. Solo ride and hot as you know what. When I got to the base of GMR, it was almost noon and 102 degrees. I went anyway hoping to get in 4 miles of climbing. As hot as it was going up, I would be happy with 2 but got the 4 and actually felt pretty good. Usually feel some fatigue in the heat but felt good today, I'll take it! Started from Claremont, Mills and Baseline, rode across, up then down to Bonita. Then back like my usual weeknight ride. Good ride. Figured I would ride local on Saturdays with the lousy gas prices now. My Strava says 106 degrees ha ha ha! I think the Garmin site is more accurate with a high of 102.

Whatever it was, sure is good to know I felt good and did not suffer from the heat. Maybe I'm getting acclimated again. I know last year was tough. But been doing 400 miles every month now for quite some time so feeling good.

I laugh whenever I think of GMR. To me it is the Turn A Ride Leader Into a Cry Baby Bitch Ride ha ha ha! I was actually doing OK on the group rides till I mentioned GMR as a proposed group ride. It was suggested by 2 WOMEN in the group who wanted to do it, again. Not even the strongest climbers in the group but they were willing to try. They mentioned it to me and I was game so I mentioned it to the ride leader. I had mentioned it before and got a ton of excuses. Even got one "we did it before". But I think that was a lie to quiet me down ha ha!

After I mentioned it on facebook as a proposal, the ride leader turned into a whiney bitch crybaby. It was after that point he started making stupid comments on facebook. OH, WE HAVE A NEW RIDE LEADER NOW, MR.BEANZ IS IN CHARGE OF TAKING THE GROUP UP GMR. Wow, what a little baby! Then he started in with more personal hidden attacks. Calling me a crybaby and some other shit. OK, I'm Mr. Beanz, and some fat ass overgrown baby Huey Bitch ain't going to talk me down. So I let him have it then he was telling everybody I was mental. Well OK! I chat with other members of the group and it seems he is good at making friends but can't keep them as it seems the riders are always changing. Couple here and there regulars but for the most part, different people. There is a reason for that! And to be honest, I wouldn't mind taking a group up. I have several times before. Just that I hate doing all the paperwork part. I guess that's why he does it, likes the bitchwork side of things ha ha ha!

But anyway, he said he did it and I doubt it. I looked last night page after page looking for his name on the climb to the shack standings and no where did I find his name. And I know his best is not better than mine they way he climbs. I found several other group members but not his. I'm guessing he waited at the bottom with one of the weaker climbers so to give him an excuse not to climb. Probably babysat a 90 yo woman on a Huffy ha haha!

Everybody knows this moron does whatever he can do to avoid any kind of climbing. Just about every member will tell you that. I guess that was the reason he felt so threatened when I suggested a GMR group ride.

What really makes me laugh was that years ago on the forums, he was Mr. Racer. Even posted something about passing me and Gina on our tandem. Of course he did not mention we had just got on the tandem like 50 yards earlier warming up. But that is the kind of dope he is!

So on the forums, I was training for Ride Around the Bear. Ride through the mountains, 100 miles with 10,000 ft of gain. Something this bad ass ride leader would never do ha ha ha! So I tore up some tires and was looking for something reasonable for training. I had never met the guy at this point, just a lot of his big talk on the forums.

So he suggested I give IRC Red Storm tires, how can I forget the name?! He said he had really good luck with them in fast turns and descents. So I bought some and they were the worst tires ever. First ride up GMR, the front tire snaked (heat blisters according to the seller). Second one did the same thing so I got my money back. Just glad I did not break my face coming down GMR. I actually slowed to about 10 mph descending all the way from the shack.

So I told the guy on the forums they were the worst freaking tires ever. I asked how was it possible he had such good luck with the tires. What kind of fast descents and turns are you doing? He said Baseline. WTF!!!! Baseline does not have any fast descents or fast turns. Well, maybe a couple of baby bumps but nothing like GMR, WTF!!! So after I rode with the group, I learned what kind of super racer he was so now I know, Uhhh OK!! A fast descent is like 23 MPH on Baseline. I guess my idea of 42 is probably a dream to him ha ha ha! Anyway, every time I hear, mention, or even think of GMR, I think of this clown. MOF, all the way up GMR today, I was laughing my ass off thinking about this guy ha ha ha!

Al the times I have done GMR since 1998, I never knew they had a restroom and water here. I have avoided going up GMR from other start points because of this. Wow! If I had known because it seems a bit nicer getting in a warmup before starting a climb. Not to mention I have been peeing on the residents' lawns all this time ha ha ha!


Little refill before heading up! I'd bet those women would love this course if the ride leader was not such a baby ha ha ha!


There at the equestrian center, 102 at the base of GMR


Wow, now they're messing up the mountains too!


About 2 miles up, ain't getting any cooler! I had to slow to 5 MPH to snap the pic but my usual speed up GMR is about 16. OK, not really ha ha ha!


4 miles up, the ride, my turnaround point, giving my little friend a break in the shade.


Looking down, about 1/2 mile maybe?


Heading down, stopped for more water and an energy bar before completing the final 14 or so.


The profile



No comments:

Post a Comment