Sunday, August 15, 2021

EASY SART with Gina 40 Miles

 A nice steady pace with Gina today. 15.9 average speed. I figured the usual 31 but like last week, she said, I can do 40. Last week it was 36. OK, don't think I was ready ha ha ha! I was expecting 31 ha ha ha! So we went for the 40. I figure it's my chance to get her back on longer miles.  Today a high of 100 and average of 90. 

Nothing went well this morning. Woke up late, well I stayed in bed late ha ha! I almost said let's stay home but I went into the restroom, came out and Gina was already dressed. Hmm, missed that omelette with my name on it. But just as well. Then realized I needed gas, having to drive up town first to the least expensive place. Double back to our usual place to get a breakfast sandwich. CLOSED!!! Ended up at Carl's JR paying way too much for a little sandwich. $4 more than usual for the same thing, they suck!

So took us a while to get started, I should have just stayed home. But when I do, I feel like I wasted the day doing nothing. Us cyclists know that if we don't ride our bikes that day, we did nothing ha ha ha!

But it was all good. Keeping on track with my 400 mile months. I should easily hit it again this month.

Pretty uneventful ride today, just cruising on the trail. Did get warm on the way back, usual headwind to the coast. Some nice bikinis at the beach stop for once but I forgot my camera. Kind of harder with the cell phone cam.

So anyway, Gina got hot when we reached the Edna Park bridge. Let her sit in the shade for a bit before continuing. Stopped in the train station to cool off again. That's about it really!

BTW, wish more riders would enable their flyby feature on Strava. Looking at the flyby map yesterday, it shows only Gina and I on the trail. Kind of boring not being able to see other riders around.


                                        Arrived about 11:15 and it was getting hot already!


A little rest and leg stretch at Imperial.


I was the Old Fart yesterday, today the Fat Bastard ha ha ha!


There she goes!


She said her face was a bit red from the heat. After the ride trying to cool off in the station.



No comments:

Post a Comment