Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Stopped By A Deputy Sheriff

 Nice easy 20 miles today. Wanted more but I got stopped by a deputy. Ok, actually a retired deputy ha ha ha! I did some parts of the local course that Sandra showed me but stopped at a park I liked for water. There was a dude sitting their watching his granddaughter. Said hello as I approached the water fountain near where he was sitting. So he asked about my mileage and I told him about 20. So we started chatting and next thing I know, it's dark  ha ha ha! According to my ride and elapsed time, about a 40 minute difference so we chatted for a while seeing I didn't stop otherwise.

I used Sandra's course at the bottom of Amelia then across 5th street then across east running out of road ha ha ha! Last time we went down Cataract but I wanted to get to San Dimas Cyn Rd but ran out of road on 5th. OK, dropped down a bit then hit Juanita. I'm Hispanic so why not?! I took a chance and won. Took me exactly where I thought I would be.

Wanted a few more miles but ran out of time. Still had to go home to eat dinner and it was already about 9:15 when I finished my ride. But that's cool, made for a nice relaxing ride.

So good ride, got to ride more in the dark, which I love! 


                                               Always looks so much lighter in the pics!


Looks empty but plenty of traffic on Bonita heading back eastward.


The course


Btw, want to mention this. When I post cycling pics on instagram, I get messages from a cycling shop. They sell shorts, jerseys, sunglasses etc. They keep posting comments and messages asking me to be a product brand ambassador. I replied and told them, yeah sure, send some product and, I'll wear it on rides then post pics for them. 

They said that isn't the way it works. I can become and ambassador, save 20% buying their product and then wear it on rides. WTF!!!! I laughed at them and said, wtf would I want to spend my money advertising for them? You give me the sheot then I wear it, otherwise go stuff your jersey up your ass ha ha ha!

This has been going on for 6 months. Every time I post a cycling pic, I get the comment or message. So this time, I went to their page where they post cycling material and started commenting on their pics to stop sending me comments and messages about being an ambassador seeing only an idiot would spend their money to help them advertise ha ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment