Saturday, October 14, 2017

SART w/ Gina and Friends

Good day today! 43 miles at 17.5 average speed! I got some help from the others today so it made it a bit faster. Good help from Alyce, Rick, and Jose. For not riding much, I was really impressed with Gina today. She looked good most of the way today and only looked a little bushed a couple miles from the end. OK a few, maybe 5 miles.

We did run into some jerkwad today! We caught him from a mile back at cruising speed, yes cruising speed! He hops on, sucks wheel for a mile or so then sprints around us. OK cool no problem the first time. Maybe he just thought he was faster than our group because we had a few gals. But then he fades, falls back, sucks wheel then does it again a couple times. WTF! Finally he takes off then Alyce takes the front. She catches back up to him and passed him. Not much more than a few seconds later, he sprints like a bat out of hell around our left side. I think getting passed by a female was a really big blow to his ego so he tried to fly away. Sorry buddy! Alyce has been doing plenty of training and you're just going to make yourself look like a fool, which he did ha ha!

When he did his major sprint at 20 MPH, Alyce looked back at me and said, "he doesn't know who he is messing with does he!". I knew at that point we were going to fly by this guy. Sure enough, Alyce drops the hammer and leaves the guy in the dust while we just hang on and smile as we roll by ha ha! After that, the guy was toast!

We get to the coast and run into Rick, later Kevin rides up. We have some good laughs and some good chat. Then we head back, Alyce had pushed on per ride plan but we just kept our pace. At this point we had a 17.1 average 30 miles in so I knew I could't push Gina too much.

A bit later Rick takes the front. Rolling pretty good but when we hit that short little ramp at Moon Park, Gina fades and falls back. I think I was at the front at that point. I glanced back with my peripheral vision and saw Aimee thinking it was Gina. Just then Rick pulls up and says Gina had fallen back. I notices she was a ways back so I stopped at the off ramp for a few seconds so she could catch up. Aimee was right behind me so she pulled up as well.

This was a trip! Gina looked like she was going really slow at the top, that's why I stopped. Rick being the gentleman he is, fell back to pull Gina back up. We had stopped and no more than 5 seconds later, Rick and Gina go flying by! OK wait what! It looked like they were doing 5 mph way back there but when they rolled by, it looked like 30 ha ha ha!

I had done the tight little u turn on the ramp but noticed Aimee stopped. Once I saw Rick and Gina go flying by, I knew getting off her bike was a mistake. Aimee had to get off her bike, turn around then remount. I knew we were in trouble because they went flying by and I knew it would take us a while to catch up. I figured though, that Gina would do her pace and we would catch up easily. WRONG! I took off but noticed Aimee had fallen behind, lacking the tight u turn skills that I posses ha ha! I was trying to kind of somewhat hold a good pace but Aimee wasn't catching up. So I slowed a bit then she caught on once she got her momentum going. So I was at the front, Aimee, then Jose.

We picked it up pretty good and I was looking at the pair ahead thinking it would only be a few seconds before we caught up. WRONG! I don't know what the heck Rick told her but they were rolling. Couple minutes go by, I'm pushing pretty good but darn it, we ain't going nowhere ha ha! It took a pretty good effort to catch back up. Finally after  few minutes we did but man I was getting tired ha ha!

So we rolled back to Katella all together. We ended our ride as Rick continued on alone. Nice ride, have to say it was cool getting help from other riders. Once I was on a wheel, I was recovering quite nicely, Heck, I need to suck wheel more often ha ha!


Jerkwad at the back. Starts the games a couple minutes later before Alyce hand him his ass on a platter ha ha!




Don't know that guy at the back who hopped on but at least he didn't race around us ha ha!





Kevin



Rick in a full uphill sprint! :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment