Saturday, May 12, 2018

I Meet Some Real Jerks Sometimes

Rode alone today, 35 miles at 16.6 average speed. A little threat of rain so not many riders, Jose seemed worried about getting wet so he opted for a shorter ride than I had originally planned. I wanted to do 60 but he said the weather report said there was rain. I looked and there was like 12% in Anaheim. When the heck does it rain when it says 12%? Heck, when does it rain when it says 50%? :-P

I had said I wanted to do 60 today. Mike took part in an organized ride somewhere in the OC.  Jose didn't seem happy about that so I figured I would go alone after he sent a text this morning saying he was going to breakfast first with his family.

OK great so that gave me a chance to ride alone. I was pretty happy about that. Busy workweek and got news a couple weeks back that my father has stage 4 prostrate cancer and could be in his last few days. Been in the hospital twice in the last two. This week he was home on hospice but actually seemed better. Dementia, can't stand or walk but sat up a few times and ate a bit. SO though he won't get better, we all know the time is near.

So today I was happy to ride alone, thought about a lot of things. I'm just cruising along at a decent effort. Not racing, just riding hoping to get through the wind. I see this dude up ahead, maybe half mile if you know the trail. Later I am gaining ground, not trying to catch anyone, just riding and thinking. Soon I catch the guy and I lift the pace a bit figuring if he was going that slow, he wouldn't take my wheel as I rolled by. But the dipstick latches on and I really don't want to ride with anybody today.

So I move over and swing my arm up as to say, go ahead! As he rolls by I say to him, "I'm just looking to do my own ride today and would like to be alone!". Yes, I said it very politely.

He lifts the pace and sprints off. Great, run Forrest run, get the heck away from me!

But sure enough a mile down the road he fades. I can't help but catch him again. So I pass him and because there is hardly any riders around, I stay way to the left on the opposite side for like 1/4 mile. I look back and the dipstick is on my wheel, WTF!!!!

So again, I look back and tell him to go ahead, "I want to do my own thing today!" I say to him.

But the ass hat fades again and I really don't think I need to stop and take a 10 minute break so some ass hole can get far enough ahead that I don't have to deal with some idiot on my wheel.

No I am not fucking racing you, I'm  just riding but he keeps sprinting around and yes, I don't give a damn about catching you, I just want to ride alone. But the idiot fades again and I really can't stay behind him. So again after catching up and closing another 50- 100 yard gap, I pass him again.

How many freaking times do you have to give a guy a 50 to 100 yard gap and hope you don't catch the guy again? I did like 4 times but every time I pass, he hops my wheel. Pretty obvious you aren't as strong so do your own freaking ride and quit trying to race me and stop with the games.

But as I pass again I stay way on the opposite side for about 1/8 of a mile but the dope doesn't get the message. I look back and he's on my wheel again. WTF!!!


Now I'm pissed! I sat up looked at him and shouted," WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BEING A DICK!". He just looked at me and asked,"what?".  Dude, I told you I wanted to ride alone, my father is dying of cancer and I told you I wanted to be alone so why the fuck don't you let me ride alone?.

Oh I'm sorry! Have a good ride, be safe! WTF! What does it take to get another rider to understand that you would just like to ride alone for the fucking day?

Dumb ass! This is like his third fade and catching back up after 100 yard gap. This is when I decided to take his picture for being a dumb ass!




Just a relaxed smile on my face having my own good time.



No comments:

Post a Comment